Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2004, 08:50 PM   #41
FoolofaTook
Elven Warrior

I have found that people either love or hate the Kill Bill movies. I personally love them. I think the reason why most people hate them is the fact that they don't understand what Tarantino is trying to do. He's trying to make movies that are an homage to all the films he enjoyed growing up: eg. Kung-Fu movies and Spaghetti westerns. In the first film, the Showdown at Blue Leaves is not supposed to be realistic it's supposed to be like old samurai and Kung-Fu movies which went over the top with blood and action. The second film is much more like a Spaghetti western, except of course the scenes with Pai Mei. There is less violence and far less blood in the second film, and there is also more depth shown. Along with more dialogue. Both films combined make the ultimate movie experience. Although someone who doesn't like the genres involved will most likely not like them.
FoolofaTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 06:37 AM   #42
Millane
The Dude

i pretty much agree with IronParrots views on this film, and Janny although i seemed to feel the complete opposite to you after seeing Volume 1 i can understand why you feel that way, i can only suggest to watch the second part it is really great and i have a feeling that even people who didnt like Vol 1 will really appreciate Vol 2, even just for the final scene with Bill and Beatrix... WATCH IT
Old 04-22-2004, 07:03 AM   #43
Janny
The Blobbit

Yeah, I probably will anyway. My friends will force me to...
Also, what was with the bleping out of her name?
And if this was the 4th film, which were the other ones... Reservoir D, Pulp Fiction...

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.

Last edited by Janny : 04-22-2004 at 07:06 AM.
Janny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 02:03 AM   #44
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

a very good movie but the blood spurting out every time she cut someone got annoying after about the 7th time. it was very good and im glad i saw it tonite because of the ending which definetley left me wanting to see more( and i might see volume 2 tomo). they way it was filmed was pretty unique, it was good how it changed from black and white to colour and the music was neutral, not like rave music like in blade or something or just some band playing a song. Uma thurman was awesome and the choreography was good. i didnt like lucy lius part though just the way she yelled annoyed me. if this littl eparagraph seems screwed up its because im tired so im going to sleep
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:34 PM   #45
FoolofaTook
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Janny
Also, what was with the bleping out of her name?
And if this was the 4th film, which were the other ones... Reservoir D, Pulp Fiction...
They bleeped her name out because she's not supposed to have a name...like Clint Eastwood's character in the Sergio Leone Spaghetti Westerns. Although they just didn't say his name in those.

And the movies before Kill Bill are: Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and Jackie Brown.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:36 PM   #46
Janny
The Blobbit

Thanks. So the whole thing is a homage to spaghetti westerns and his other favourites?

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:41 PM   #47
FoolofaTook
Elven Warrior

Pretty much. You really have to be into those sorts of movies to fully appreciate what he did.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:33 AM   #48
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
i didnt like lucy lius part though just the way she yelled annoyed me.
i loved Oren! how could you not Sophie and Go-Go also rocked, everyone should watch Battlefield Royale to, the same actress that plays Go-Go is in it and she is great and she is still ****ing insane (squirms imagining the groin stabbing seen )... Anyway back to Oren, everything about her was cool but especially the background story and her hardnut dad i probably like Budd better though, i loved that seen with his boss, "are you working tomorrow?" "yeah" "no your not, you dont even know what ****ing day you work", "what is with that ****ing hat" ... and Budds queer friend Ernie my friend is getting a Pussy Wagon hat, how cool is that, i want one
Old 04-26-2004, 07:48 PM   #49
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i hated that go go chick, man 17 and she just got killed
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 09:09 AM   #50
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
i hated that go go chick, man 17 and she just got killed
you hated Go-Go Yubari who DIDNT you hate
i believe that Kill Bill works in a survival of the coolest, the least coolest get killed off first (Vernita Green) then it goes up from there... the only exceptions are
Elle Driver
1. is she dead 2. she wasnt as cool as Budd she was probably just below him (equal with Oren Ishii)
and also the Bride was equal with Bill...
and another thing that i forgot to mention was the stand out performance by BB, the brides daughter, seriously the best child performance ever.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:01 AM   #51
katya
Elven Maiden

Wow, I just finally saw volume one on PPV last night. That movie way surpassed my expectations! I don't want to go into detail, but they was so much I liked about it! I have to see volume 2 though...then I'lll comment more, maybe.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:34 AM   #52
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Kill Bill vol 1: the revenge - first part
Kill Bill vol 2: the revenge - second part
Kill Bill vol 3: the revenge - the conclution
Kill Bill vol 4: the death of the bride
Kill Bill vol 6: the cloning of bill and the bride.
Kill Bill vol 7: the marriage of bill-clone and bride-clone
Kill Bill vol 8: the family
Kill Bill vol 9: the killing of the children
Kill Bill vol 10: the revenge II - first part
Kill Bill vol 11: the revenge II - second part
Kill Bill vol 12: the revenge II - the second conclution

Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 05:22 PM   #53
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by Grey_Wolf
Kill Bill vol 1: the revenge - first part
Kill Bill vol 2: the revenge - second part
Kill Bill vol 3: the revenge - the conclution
Kill Bill vol 4: the death of the bride
Kill Bill vol 6: the cloning of bill and the bride.
Kill Bill vol 7: the marriage of bill-clone and bride-clone
Kill Bill vol 8: the family
Kill Bill vol 9: the killing of the children
Kill Bill vol 10: the revenge II - first part
Kill Bill vol 11: the revenge II - second part
Kill Bill vol 12: the revenge II - the second conclution

You talking to me?! Yeah, ok ok so I'm ignorant.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 02:41 PM   #54
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by katya
You talking to me?! Yeah, ok ok so I'm ignorant.
I didn't mean it that way. I just heard that there's going to be a third part so I thought perhaps it was going to be one of those endless series.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 02:47 PM   #55
Janny
The Blobbit

A third one? Oh... Another film during which I will bang my head against a table... relentlessly.

Also, I owe Tarentino an apology. I criticised the ludicrous blood squirted etc. It transpires that actually if you get it right after it leaves the heart, the blood can squirt up to 30 feet. I stand corrected.

Old 07-22-2004, 02:09 PM   #56
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

I FINALLY got to see this flic. Was very impressed. I love a film that comes off different from the usual hollywood shlock. And I love the depth of influence from japanese samuri films and 70s kung fu films. I want to get the Kung Fu series on DVD!!! Ive wanted to for a while actually. Can you get that? Anyway the soundtrack was fantastic. And the spaghetti western influences were so nice. I miss spaghetti westerns. Lucy Lu's character was fantastic. She pulled off the whole traditional cool as a clam japanese dom/psycho ruthless killer thing so well.

"So if any of you sons of bitches has ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY!! NOWS THE F***ING TIME!!!"

Oh and go go.... *drool*

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

Last edited by Insidious Rex : 07-22-2004 at 02:11 PM.
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:03 AM   #57
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex
I FINALLY got to see this flic. Was very impressed. I love a film that comes off different from the usual hollywood shlock. And I love the depth of influence from japanese samuri films and 70s kung fu films. I want to get the Kung Fu series on DVD!!! Ive wanted to for a while actually. Can you get that? Anyway the soundtrack was fantastic. And the spaghetti western influences were so nice. I miss spaghetti westerns. Lucy Lu's character was fantastic. She pulled off the whole traditional cool as a clam japanese dom/psycho ruthless killer thing so well.

"So if any of you sons of bitches has ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY!! NOWS THE F***ING TIME!!!"

Oh and go go.... *drool*
yeah you can get Kung Fu on dvd, my friend bought it a little while back and he loves it.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:10 PM   #58
Pirate
Enting

I haven't seen Volume 2 yet but I watched the first one the other day. I thought it was pretty okay. I'll see the second one once it's on pay per view. It was too violent for me but I do acknowledge Tarantino as a genius in film. The movie was very artfully done but the gore made me literally sick.