Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-29-2003, 06:22 PM   #21
Diamond
Hobbit

I liked these books. "The Eternity Code" was my favorite one, though. I think maybe it's a thing with me to have the third books be my favorite ones.

Liz
Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 06:13 AM   #22
Raistlin
Enting

where do you find code translations

Maud'ib
I am a Bene Gesserit, I live only to serve

check this out:
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=m5699nnk

Okay come on and help me some more its different game this time
http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=1906371
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 12:13 PM   #23
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

I LOVE THE BOOKS...can't wait to see who they pick for Artemis...I confirmed the movie plan online the other day, I love the books....and on book 3, the code is on the front and the cluse or in and on book 1.....he used the farie language in his C Cube....I hope they skip to his memory returning in book 4
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 11:19 AM   #24
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
hmm there are more people who like them than i thoguht. stil looking out for the fourth book though. will be great. i havent been reading anyhting lately. kinda missing it. need to find a good book to get into

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Hanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:36 AM   #25
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I LOVE Artemis Fowl!!! I liked Arctic Incident and #1 best. I didn't like Eternity code that much. Why doesn't the first have a subtitle anyway???
The LEPrecon was cool!! Very unique of Eoin Colfer (btw, how do you pronounce Eoin?)
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:38 AM   #26
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I LOVE THE BOOKS...can't wait to see who they pick for Artemis...I confirmed the movie plan online the other day, I love the books....and on book 3, the code is on the front and the cluse or in and on book 1.....he used the farie language in his C Cube....I hope they skip to his memory returning in book 4
There's gonna be a movie?? How cool is that??

Quote:
hmm there are more people who like them than i thoguht. stil looking out for the fourth book though. will be great. i havent been reading anyhting lately. kinda missing it. need to find a good book to get into
There's gonna be a fourth book?? How cool is that?? (sorry, I couldn't help it ) I kinda figured there would be. Is it out in America yet?? What's it called??
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 02-17-2004, 07:56 PM   #27
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by sirigorn
The LEPrecon was cool!! Very unique of Eoin Colfer (btw, how do you pronounce Eoin?)
i think it's pronounced like the name "Owen" (and not like "Eowyn" *giggle*) and i guess "Colfer" is fairly phonetic.

i've read the first two books, and they were ok. i have the third book and that wish list book, but i haven't read them yet. i'm not really all that enthused to read them, to be honest.

something tells me the movie is going to take a while. nothing seems to be getting done!
luinilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 08:53 AM   #28
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Yeah, it looks like it's pronounced Eowyn, but I didn't think it was. Owen makes sense though.
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-19-2004, 09:57 AM   #29
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I've only read the first two *makes mentle note to buy the third* and I enjoyed them. Very unique. It'll be fun to see what the movie will turn out like.

Now since you have all mentioned a code my curiosity is getting the better of me so I'm going to have to forsake Entmoot to try and crack it......
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 07:01 PM   #30
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

NO!! Musn't forsake entmoot. Bad Lal!!! Very bad Lal!!! Go stick your ears in the oven!!
(Sorry, I sounded kinda like Dobby to me. I had to add that )
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-22-2004, 08:55 PM   #31
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

don't bother cracking the codes unless you're 10 years old. i can't remember what the first one said, but it was naff, and the second one said something about you being able to decipher the code because you are half fairy, and that you have to take care of the environment. *naff*

the third one is equally naff, saying that you have to give a message to anyone you see with an artemis fowl book, so that the message that mulch diggums has his memory will eventually reach the ears of artemis fowl himself.

ok so i got bored one day...
Old 02-23-2004, 08:10 PM   #32
Celebrinth Elentavari
Sapling

Ah. Well written books, and pretty funny. The first had an interesting plot line, but the second wasn't so interesting to me. I have to admit, I loved the LEPrecon thing too.

Despite what Luinilwen says, now I have to crack the code. I'm bored right now and I need something to do.
Two deaf policemen heard the noise;
they came and shot the two dead boys <br>
And if you think my tale is tall,
just ask the blind man,
for he saw it all.<br>
<br>
<marquee>hehe, I love that poem</marquee>
Celebrinth Elentavari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 05:18 PM   #33
Elvedans
Diamond Of The Night Sky

Quote:
Originally posted by luinilwen
i think it's pronounced like the name "Owen" (and not like "Eowyn" *giggle*) and i guess "Colfer" is fairly phonetic.

i've read the first two books, and they were ok. i have the third book and that wish list book, but i haven't read them yet. i'm not really all that enthused to read them, to be honest.

something tells me the movie is going to take a while. nothing seems to be getting done!
I thought it was pronounced Ewan.
Elvedans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 09:00 PM   #34
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

It could very well be. I think I originally got the idea from the comedian "Jimeoin", as his name is pronounced "Jim-owen", not "Jimmy-oyn" or something like that.

Are there any Irish Entmooters?

*edit* just found a website for the pronounciation of Irish names:

Irish Names for Children

Quote:
NAME: Eoin
Pronounciation: OWE-in
Other Spellings: Eoghan
English Equivalent: Owen (John)

Last edited by luinilwen : 02-28-2004 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:31 PM   #35
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I was watching something on TV the otherday and Eoin was pronounced like 'Owen'.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 05:56 PM   #36
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
he was on blue peter and they saod it Owen so im guessing thats right. id always been saying eoin before so hey. apparently from very reliable sources (ie. my brother and his internet movie searching skills) they arent gonna make it into a film which is both good and bad. good cos almost always films are worse than the books. bad cos it would be interesting to see how they did it and stuff. wonder who would play everyone..

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Hanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:33 PM   #37
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Finished the last book a few months ago, and was a bit dissapointed...the ending...