Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-18-2004, 10:11 PM   #1
Lady_Boromir
Sapling

Boromir Fanfic

hi as you can tell i'm a Boromir fan. i would like to write a fanfic about him..thought the plot would be about him having a secret lover..a wife maybe that he didn't make public because maybe she was a commoner or maybe she's a royal but her family is Boromir's father's enemy. dunno..any comments or suggestions?

Gandalf: so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. all you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.

Boromir quotes:

Boromir: They have a Cave Troll!!

Boromir: What is this new devilry?

Boromir: I see your mind! you will take the ring to Sauron! you will betray us! you will go to your death..and to the death of us all!! curse you! curse you! and all the halflings!
Lady_Boromir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:22 PM   #2
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Hi Lady B, I love Boromir too. The only suggestion I can think of is that having a secret lover doesn't seem much like him.

What if you were to do something like recount his adventures journeying to Imladris, or being stationed in Ithilien? It would be easier to stay in canon that way.

Best of luck on your story, I look forward to reading it.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:24 PM   #3
Lady_Boromir
Sapling

thanks..umm well i would have to research in the books wouldn't i? oi...hard work..lol.

Gandalf: so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. all you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.

Boromir quotes:

Boromir: I see your mind! you will take the ring to Sauron! you will betray us! you will go to your death..and to the death of us all!! curse you! curse you! and all the halflings!
Old 01-18-2004, 10:54 PM   #4
Elf Girl
Lurker

It's possible. Be sure it doesn't turn into a Mary-Sue, and keep him in character.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 09:26 AM   #5
Lady_Boromir
Sapling

ohhhh the pressure!!!! lol ok i'll try. but he has to have a romantic side as well..cant allways be the big tough guy all the time lol.

Boromir quotes:

Old 01-19-2004, 09:49 AM   #6
Draken
Elf Lord

Good luck with it Lady B! Bomorir is your classic flawed hero, and they're ALWAYS the most interesting!

....or am I?
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 03:07 PM   #7
Lady_Boromir
Sapling

the time frame is from a couple years before he joins the fellowship of the ring and a little after his death. i'm planning on having some characters narrate each chapter..like boromir will narrate a chapter and then his lover will narrate...at some point either merry or pippin need to narrate watching him die..and aragorn when he spent his last moments with him...dunno sound corny? and it tells what he was really fighting for...and why he really joined the fellowship...ahhh perfect..now where to start? lol

Boromir quotes:

Old 01-19-2004, 06:04 PM   #8
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

ive told you darlin lol, he more of a warrior than anything. I still think 'Fighting for Love' is the best title we came up with.

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 07:13 PM   #9
Lady_Boromir
Sapling

well *darling* i'm sure there is more to Boromir than just fighting all the time. maybe i'll put that title on..but not right now..i'll worry about writing..when i get over this horrid flu.

Boromir quotes:

Old 01-19-2004, 10:27 PM   #10
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
It's possible. Be sure it doesn't turn into a Mary-Sue, and keep him in character.
That would be my only worry. If you avoid that, you're all set.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:38 AM   #11
Lady_Boromir
Sapling

well like i said..he cant be the lean mean fighting machine all the time..has to have some soft spot. but yes..i'll try to keep him in character. i'll study his character in the movies and research fellowship of the ring before i start writing..i'm also writing a fanfic at the moment..so i cant exactly start on the Boromir fanfic just yet. but it will be here soon. i promise.

Boromir quotes: