Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-13-2004, 01:42 AM   #1
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
Prayers

I know this is probably a bit of a worn out line... but I'm having some hard times with my mother and my father both, and I just was hoping someone could give me some advice...

My mother was told that there was a hole in her heart about a year ago, and 6 months later, she was sent to the hospital because of a minor stroke. Now she's possibly facing a surgery to fix the hole, and while her chances are fairly good, I can't help but become a victim of nerves.

And now my father was just recently admitted into the ER on the 11th, which was not a very pleasant birthday present for me, to say the least. Just yesterday he was taken out of the ER, to my great relief, but he was supposed to be released this afternoon. He wasn't. Now they're keeping him even longer, with the decision to use a cathator (sp? -- little camera for ppl like me) to snake up through his femural artery and into his heart.

The doctors say it's just to check, but I can't help but worry... They weren't going to do anything like that before, and it just came up all the sudden. Maybe it's just me going insane with nervousness.

All I know is that I want my dad home... Please, if anyone has any advice, I will gladly listen. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this...

Love always,
Akai

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 01:54 AM   #2
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Sadly - there probably isn't much advice people can give you to comfort you. The most important thing is to talk to people though and stay positive. It's not the easiest thing to be going through and I hope everything gets better for you.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 07:46 AM   #3
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

It sounds like your dad is having some pretty hefty heart and blood system investigations. I know that is scary, but maybe it would be helpful to try to see it as good news. If they find anything wrong, they can treat it, and vastly improve his health. I know it's difficult, especially not knowing what's going on, but it's far better than the problem going undetected until it's too late.

My dad had heart surgery as a result of this kind of investigation and it transformed his life. As a result he has had ten of the most fulfilling and active years of his life so far, and is still going strong.

Try to keep positive, and remember that they need you too. Best wishes
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 02:25 PM   #4
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Heart medicine has really improved a lot in the last 20 years so you would be amazed what they can do when things do come up. Talk with your parents about your feelings is the best thing you can do. It will help them physically if they hear about how important they are to you and how you want them around for a long long time. Im sure they will come through this ok and be better and wiser for it as far as life style. Maybe tell them that as a family youd like to change some things about your life style to make how you live "healthier" if you will (diet, excercise, etc.). Because remember you are their offspring so if you have TWO parents who have had heart issues early in their life you want to think about yourself as well. thats a double genetic whammy there.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:46 AM   #5
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
Thank you all so much for your kind words and advice. It's given me a lot to think on. I appreciate that you three cared enough to even bother responding, so thank you, again.

I suppose I should give you all an update on what's happening. My father had surgery today; Coronary Bypass Surgery. They replaced 4 to 5 of his arteries, because they were 80% or more clogged.

The surgery went fine, though it last from 8 AM to some time after 1:30 PM. And even though it lasted a good 5 and a 1/2 hours, I am happy to say my dad is doing fine, and should be out of the hospital in a weeks time, if all goes well.

Thank you all so much. I probably would have lost my mind with worry if you hadn't said what you did. I am forever grateful.

Love,
Akai

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:55 AM   #6
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

I'm glad your father came out of surgery. It must have been very stressful waiting those 5 1/2 hours. I hope the next week goes well and keep us informed.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 07:28 PM   #7
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

sorry about that. I'll be prayinf for you.

'So choose today whom you will serve..as for me and my family we wil serve the Lord.'

" Now if you were a hot dog,and you were starving,would ya eat yourself? I know I would! First I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish..I'd be so delicious!"

It's pronounced 'Hether', not 'Heether', biznotch!
Giroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 04:52 PM   #8
Catgirl
Elven Warrior

I would like to ask for prayer towards the following families.

Last night, the Grade 12 Boys basketball team was heading to a game when they got hit from the side by a pick-up truck. Two of the 13 boys were killed instantly, and they were really close friends of mine. Also, the rest of the boys are in still in critical condition at the nearby hospital and the doctors don't know if all of them will make it. I would just like ot know if someone could pray for the families of those killed and injured.
The boys' names who were killed are Kyle and Ryan. Thank you!

If you want more information about the boys and their families, here is a site:http://www.canada.com/calgary/story....6-BA97919EBA94

Last edited by Catgirl : 01-16-2004 at 04:56 PM.
Catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote