Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-12-2004, 01:25 AM   #1
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

paul martin to meet george bush

i believe they are meeting in new mexico, your thoughts on this?
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 01:35 AM   #2
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

He's not going to turn his back on a reporter and say "I hate those damn American bastards" when he thinks the mic is off - is he?

So what are they supposed to discuss - about how Canada has been acting French lately? Oh wait - your previous PM was a Quebecois - I forgot that was the reason.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 01:37 AM   #3
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
He's not going to turn his back on a reporter and say "I hate those damn American bastards" when he thinks the mic is off - is he?

So what are they supposed to discuss - about how Canada has been acting French lately? Oh wait - your previous PM was a Quebecois - I forgot that was the reason.

funny my friend doesnt like the french either lol, i think paul martin was a bit more open to the war or somethin like that, and you must be confusin gollum with me
I AM CANADIAN

Old 01-12-2004, 01:39 AM   #4
jerseydevil

Why do you think I'm confusing you with Gollum?

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-12-2004, 01:42 AM   #5
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Why do you think I'm confusing you with Gollum?
i havent PMed you in awhile must of been gollum
I AM CANADIAN

Old 01-12-2004, 01:46 AM   #6
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
i havent PMed you in awhile must of been gollum
I didn't say you or gollum said anything. That comment I quoted was from one of your politicians - can't remember her name.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-12-2004 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:50 AM   #7
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh our previous PM was a him and it was jean chretien(he was okay)
I AM CANADIAN

Last edited by gimli7410 : 01-12-2004 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:57 AM   #8
jerseydevil

Quote:
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh are previous PM was a him and it was jean chretien(he was okay)
I know it was a HIM and I know who HIS name was. He was not okay - he was a Chirac clone.

The pot seems to be affecting your brain - because I have mentioned your former PM in various threads - so you should know that I know who HE is. The quote was by someone else - not your PM.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-12-2004 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:01 AM   #9
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
I know it was a HIM and I know who HIS name was. He was not okay - he was a Chirac clone.

The pot seems to be affecting your brain - because I have mentioned your former PM and various threads - so you should know that I knwo who HE is. The quote was by someone else - not your PM.

first of all whats a chirac clone,second im not that dumb cuz i smoke pot, and third why is he on your website
I AM CANADIAN

Old 01-12-2004, 02:04 AM   #10
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Just because Chrétien did not support the war on Iraq does not mean he's a clone of Chirac (or Putin, or various other politicians).

Jean Chrétien is a very unique person. I'm sure all Canadians will agree, whether they like him or not.

I think George Bush and Paul Martin will get along well. I think Martin said he wanted to repair our relationship with the USA in an interview on CBC.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 02:07 AM   #11
jerseydevil

Quote:
first of all whats a chirac clone,
Anyone who acts and talks like Chirac.
Quote:

second im not that dumb cuz i smoke pot,
I didn't say you were dumb - I said the pot is affecting your brain. Pot causes short term memory loss.
Quote:

and third why is he on your website
I have an entmoot folder in my personal site - so I can upload any pics that I want to display on entmoot. It allows me to imbed the pics in my post - instead of relying on the VBulletin attachment feature. Believe me - he's NOT on my site - just in a little folder on the server.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-12-2004, 02:13 AM   #12
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
"I hate those damn American bastards"
Who said that? Sheila Copps? I'm just guessing, I really have no idea. I don't think leaders should hate people, it's not really a shining example of leadership.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-12-2004, 02:13 AM   #13
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Anyone who acts and talks like Chirac.

I didn't say you were dumb - I said the pot is affecting your brain. Pot causes short term memory loss.

I have an entmoot folder in my personal site - so I can upload any pics that I want to display on entmoot. It allows me to imbed the pics in my post - instead of relying on the VBulletin attachment feature. Believe me - he's NOT on my site - just in a little folder on the server.
oh okay i didnt know who chirac was.
I AM CANADIAN

Old 01-12-2004, 02:20 AM   #14
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Jaques Chirac is the French president. Actually maybe JD said that already.

Is it just me or have I been spamming a lot recently?
Quote:
Old 01-12-2004, 02:28 AM   #15
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Who said that? Sheila Copps? I'm just guessing, I really have no idea. I don't think leaders should hate people, it's not really a shining example of leadership.
Nope it wasn't Sheila Copps - it was Ontario Liberal MP Carolyn Parrish. According to the Toronto Sun in an article about us coming to the help of Canada during the SARS epidemic - True friends, indeed - they quoted her as saying "Damn Americans, I hate those bastards". I couldn't remember the word order, but I had seen her say it on tv - so I had heard the words come out of her mouth myself.

This is what the Toronto Sun is saying about the trip. I take it your former PM isn't liked by everyone in Canada.

Quote:
New dog, old tricks
Martin has tough road ahead making up for damage Chretien did to our relations with U.S.
By BOB MACDONALD -- Toronto Sun

Hopefully, when Paul Martin and George Bush meet this week in Mexico for the first time, a new era of friendship and co-operation will begin between Canada and the United States.

But don't hold your breath.

New Liberal Prime Minister Martin arrives in Monterrey today, saddled with former PM Jean Chretien as an albatross around his neck. Chretien spent the past three years going out of his way to undermine and snipe at President Bush and many of his efforts to fight world terrorism.

It began early when Chretien allowed his ambassador to the U.S., his nephew Raymond Chretien, to oppose Bush's election -- publicly voicing a preference for Democrat Al Gore.

And it continued after the horrific terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, when more than 3,000 innocent people were slaughtered, including 24 Canadians. Chretien dithered for weeks before pledging military support to a U.S.-led coalition to hunt down Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida terrorists and their Taliban hosts in Afghanistan.

Then the Canadian PM sided with his pal, French President Jacques Chirac, in opposing the U.S.-British led coalition that went after sadistic Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein.

Also, Chretien and his Liberals allowed Canada's armed forces to become dangerously obsolete over the past decade. The worst example was Chretien's purely political decision to cancel an order for badly needed new helicopters that had been placed by the previous Conservative government.

The result was that Canadian taxpayers were forced to pay $500 million in penalties for the cancellation -- without getting a thing for their dough. Worse, the Grits didn't seem to care that their irresponsible action left our armed forces personnel saddled with 40-year-old Sea King choppers that are constantly crashing or breaking down.

And it didn't help at all when Chretien's press spokesman called Bush "a moron" and one of his MPs, Ontario's Carolyn Parrish, declared: "Damn Americans -- I hate those bastards."

No wonder Bush has not seen fit to push hard to lift tariffs on Canadian softwood lumber coming into the U.S.

So now, Martin, who campaigned for years to replace Chretien, will sit down to breakfast Tuesday with Bush and discuss a whole range of issues.

For instance, Martin says he wants Canada's passport "more respected" by the Americans on such issues as the Arar case, where a man with both Syrian and Canadian citizenship was shipped back to Syria by the U.S. for questioning as a possible terrorist.

Personally, I've always disagreed with this concept of allowing Canadians to hold other citizenships and passports. If you want to be a Canadian, be a Canadian. And when you do so, you should drop all other citizenships.

That would stop any need for such whining complaints by Canada -- and even help block the easy way some terrorists enter this country.

Of course, Martin is expected to push Bush on another set of whines by our Liberal regime. Despite having sat out the Iraqi war, both Chretien and Martin have demanded that Canada share in the $18 billion worth of American taxpayers money to be spent on reconstruction contracts for Iraq.

Well, if Martin can come across with some friendly assurances that he plans to modernize Canada's neglected armed forces and not continue to snipe at U.S. actions, maybe some of those contracts will come north of the border.

"I think we can talk to the Canadians about this. I think there's some understanding of where we're going," Condoleezza Rice, Bush's national security adviser, commented on the weekend.

So what does it all mean?

In blunt terms, it means that Martin must show more than smiles and gestures when he talks face-to-face with the American president. Bush put up with a ton of that and stupid insults during the Chretien era -- and a fellow in the Chretien government named Paul Martin always went along with his boss' actions.

So, this week Bush -- who's been winning a number of victories recently in the war against terrorism -- will ask Martin some blunt questions. And he will not be looking for doublespeak answers -- the kind in which Chretien specialized.
As you can see by this article - the Canadian/US relationship is strained and Chretien was a Chirac clone.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-12-2004 at 02:33 AM.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:31 AM   #16
jerseydevil

Quote:
Jaques Chirac is the French president. Actually maybe JD said that already.
Oh - I didn't say it in this thread - I figured he knew who Chirac was. Thanks for letting him know though.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-12-2004, 02:40 AM   #17
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*whew* Dodges the spam bullet.

Anyway, I think this upcoming meeting is important. I hadn't heard of it by the way, so thanks for starting this thread Gimli.

Once Martin and Bush have established a good relationship, they can get down to the business at hand - resolving this ridiculous softwood lumber dispute.

By the way I PMed you JD. (And I don't mean "Prime Ministered" )
Quote:
Old 01-12-2004, 02:52 AM   #18
jerseydevil

Quote:
Anyway, I think this upcoming meeting is important. I hadn't heard of it by the way, so thanks for starting this thread Gimli.
I hadn't heard about it before either. Mostly what has been on the news is about Bush meeting with Fox - Mexico's President.
Quote:

Once Martin and Bush have established a good relationship, they can get down to the business at hand - resolving this ridiculous softwood lumber dispute.
Maybe. I think there has to be a lot of mending fences though. I don't know much about your new prime minister. I have't heard from from him other than when Chretien stepped down and he took office - but that is all.
Quote:

By the way I PMed you JD. (And I don't mean "Prime Ministered" )
I e-mailed you back - you should have gotten it now.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide