Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-22-2003, 01:14 PM   #101
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by sun-star
The thanks you get is people saying thank you, which we do. If the thanks you expect is unquestioning obedience from Europe until the end of time, I'm afraid you'll have a long wait.
It's not obedience though - but we don't expect a so-called ally to be telling countries who support us to "shut up". Also - we do get very tired of seeing our country portrayed as Nazi Germany and you can NOT deny that our country is portrayed like that in demonstrations. People can say it's directed at our government - that is fine - but our government is a government is a government by the people.

Quote:

It's in a tone of disdain that Americans tell me that they crushed my country 200 years ago. Sorry, but either both are funny, or both are insulting - it doesn't make sense that one's OK because it's your patriotic joke and the other's not because it's someone else's.
Well - there are some people who joke around and their are some people who use it in distain. Neither statement show be used in distain. I constantly say that Canada is the 51st state - but the people I direct that to - know I am joking.
Quote:

Anyway, I'm going to take a break from Entmoot for a while. This discussion isn't going anywhere for me. Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas.

.../\
../..\
./....\
...||

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 12-22-2003 at 01:15 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote