Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 09:36 PM   #41
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I have no problems or issues with topics changing, because ultimately they usually do get back on topic. The only problems or issues I have are when it goes off-topic and turns into a fight or mudslinging contest, ya know?
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 12-05-2003, 09:37 PM   #42
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Now you know how we feel about every single thread in this forum. Even on threads where we were telling people about a new video that was out or a new review or something like that, someone somewhere came in bashing something about it and took the thread off-topic. That's happened to a number of threads in the movie forum...
Oh - obviously you haven't had a chance to look at the 1 YEAR HISTORY of BB's posts to know what had been going on here. How long have you been back? One month? And YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON? Give me a break. Read BB's posts. Read his constant bashing. I'm tired of it and I will state my opinions whether anyone likes it or not. If anyone wants to see all the things I have said beside the hack comments - look at my 2 YEARS worth of posts.

As for the review thread - there were only a couple of off topic posts and I was talking to Bropous - go into the FotR threads BEFORE you were even here. Bropous and I used to get into heated arguments - he made a post that surprised me about him hating the movies. I responded to him and joked around with him - he was VERY MUCH like BB is. If you find that offensive or out of line that is fine - but it is the truth. It then went back on topic.

As for the review topic - sorry - but questioning the review and making comments about it is STILL on topic even if it negative to the review. Were we expected to just accept the review when the reviewer gets all these benefits from Jackson?

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-05-2003, 09:40 PM   #43
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Oh - obviously you haven't had a chance to look at the 1 YEAR HISTORY of BB's posts to know what had been going on here. How long have you been back? One month? And YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON? Give me a break. Read BB's posts. Read his constant bashing. I'm tired of it and I will state my opinions whether anyone likes it or not. If anyone wants to see all the things I have said beside the hack comments - look at my 2 YEARS worth of posts.

As for the review thread - there were only a couple of off topic posts and I was talking to Bropous - go into the FotR threads BEFORE you were even here. Bropous and I used to get into heated arguments - he made a post that surprised me about him hating the movies. I responded to him and joked around with him - he was VERY MUCH like BB is. If you find that offensive or out of line that is fine - but it is the truth. It then went back on topic.

As for the review topic - sorry - but questioning the review and making comments about it is STILL on topic even if it negative to the review. Were we expected to just accept the review when the reviewer gets all these benefits from Jackson?
Get off your high-horse for christ's sake. Just because I wasn't posting for a while or have only been registered for about a year doesn't mean I haven't read things. I have no problem with people voiceing their opinions whether they are negative or positive, but it does get annoying when the SAME negative comments are made over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and well you get the point. It's happened in a number of threads. Don't believe me? Then I suggest YOU go read them.

Get over yourself...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 12-05-2003, 09:43 PM   #44
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

And for the record once again.

I am not only talking about people who don't like the movies. BB pisses me off too. I'm sick of him saying the same sh1t over and over again as well. Harldy any discussion or thread is safe here anymore, because we are either gonna hear the same thing from BB or the same thing from JD.

How about this for a compromise?

Make one thread and title it "Over and Over again, a Hobbits tale"

--Linaewen
Old 12-05-2003, 09:48 PM   #45
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Get off your high-horse for christ's sake. Just because I wasn't posting for a while or have only been registered for about a year doesn't mean I haven't read things. I have no problem with people voiceing their opinions whether they are negative or positive, but it does get annoying when the SAME negative comments are made over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and well you get the point. It's happened in a number of threads. Don't believe me? Then I suggest YOU go read them.

Get over yourself...
Why don't you get off yourself. Yes - your not being here does have a bearing on whether your opinions are valid concerning the current blowup. You haven't been here and you haven't seen all that has been going on. It would be good if you got off your damn high horse.

Yes - things do get repeated over and over and over again. It is also because if you see - a lot of time the person who is being responded to is a movie newbie with less than 10 posts. Or it's with BB going on and on and on and on about how Jackson is king. As I said before - you don't like what I have to say - put me on damn ignore.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-05-2003, 09:52 PM   #46
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Enough! I am posting some new posting guidelines for this forum soon. Apparently the rules that exist for the rest of Enmoot aren't good enough for this forum, and it needs its own set so that the babysitting isn't as difficult.

This thread is closed.

Ironic that the 'peace treaty' thread got closed for fighting.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Closed Thread