Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-19-2003, 12:04 AM   #41
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Well said, Perce. I think as a boy who has gone to school with Harry, we ought to trust your judgement.

It would make more sense for one of the "minor" (awful word) characters to be gay--Dean, for example, or Seamus. There seems to be a rampaging fanon tendency toward a flamboyantly sex-craved homosexul Seamus... I don't know.

T

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 12:09 AM   #42
Percy Weasley
Enting

Perhaps I would even go along with Fred and George being gay.

(Not with each other, for goodness sakes, mother and father are not perfect, but they raised us better than that...)

God knows they have always done everything else they can to shock and appall.

~~~~~~~~

Howard Dean in 2004!
Percy Weasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 12:11 AM   #43
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

That is also a possibility. I remember them hanging out rather closely with Katie and Angelina, but one of my best friends is gay, so that point is a bit moot.

Good to have an inside voice on the issue, Perce.

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 10-19-2003, 12:20 AM   #44
Percy Weasley
Enting

I do not think I shall ever be suprised at any of the wild or crazy things Fred and George might do. Really, if you had grown up with them as I did...you would think their room was a testing ground for Muggle bombs, as much noise as came from it. And generally while I was trying to be responsible and study!

*scowls*

Back to the topic at hand, I also think that many of the students we are speaking of are simply sampling their sexuality at this point anyway, and are not old enough (by far) to have committed themselves either way. Experimentation is quite normal at this age.

And no problem with the insider information. Of course, I shan't tell you anything too secret - I can be trusted with secrets. A Head Boy must always be trustworthy.

~~~~~~~~

Howard Dean in 2004!
Percy Weasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 06:41 PM   #45
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

percy, although i really dont like your charecter, i do agree with some of the things you said.
mainly, i think that harry or ron should get together with LUna, actually ron should, but i wouldnty mind if HArry did instead.

~eowyngirl14

PS. seeing as your a Weasly, could you please tell Fred that he is awy cooler than George? thankyou

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 01:14 AM   #46
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

I think the people who claim HP is gay is because they want him to be gay for their own reasons.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 02:29 PM   #47
galadriel
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by eowyngirl14
PS. seeing as your a Weasly, could you please tell Fred that he is awy cooler than George? thankyou
Aw, come on... I always had a soft spot in my heart for George, myself. But both twins are very awesome.

As for their sexual orientation... that's for J.K. Rowling to say, and she probably won't.

dreamflower
- for all things Lady Galadriel
galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 05:12 PM   #48
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel
Aw, come on... I always had a soft spot in my heart for George, myself. But both twins are very awesome.
im sorry. but i dont like George that much. fred is a lot cooler. if my twin sis and iwere boys we were going to be named Fred and George, and the first born baby was going ot be Fred. and seeeing that i was born first, altough i am a girl, i could have been named Fred. therefore, Fred is cool, George isnt. and yes, i know that is twisted logic

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 06:55 PM   #49
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

It isn't twisted, but it's only good for you--and the logic doesn't hold.

I think that even if JK wanted a character to be gay it's unlikely that she would write it--or that she would make any kind of big deal about it--because of the (unfortunate) public consternation it would cause.
I also don't think Harry would be gay...because if he was to the public (the book's public) he'd have to come out, and that's usually a pretty hard process for people, and he'd got enough on his plate what with fighting the forces of evil and all. He can have boyfriends after Voldie is dead.

(Although I have to say I do enjoy the slash fics where homosexuality is not made a big deal of. There's a very nice one but I can't remember it at the moment.)

Tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 11-03-2003, 04:52 PM   #50
galadriel
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by eowyngirl14
im sorry. but i dont like George that much. fred is a lot cooler. if my twin sis and iwere boys we were going to be named Fred and George, and the first born baby was going ot be Fred. and seeeing that i was born first, altough i am a girl, i could have been named Fred. therefore, Fred is cool, George isnt. and yes, i know that is twisted logic
What a cool coincidence! I would prefer Fred if I were you, too.

dreamflower
- for all things Lady Galadriel
galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote