Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-20-2001, 05:44 PM   #1
Finglas
Enting

Pink Floyd

I heard that PF is releasing a new album. Does anyone know anything about it?
Finglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 12:37 PM   #2
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

The only one I know of is another greatest hits CD. It's called "Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd." Other than that, i haven't heard of them releasing a new one.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 02:43 PM   #3
Finglas
Enting

Argh! How many greatest hits albums can they make?! They seem to have forgotten that they really are a good band, even without Roger.
Finglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 02:34 PM   #4
Snowdog
DĂșnedain Ranger of the North

Ok Floyd fans... if you get the chance, find your way to a good home entertainment store that has a good SACD set up and has the multi-channel Dark Side of the Moon ! it will blow your mind!
Old 07-29-2003, 12:19 AM   #5
Anglorfin
Alasailon

BTW does that "Dark Side of the Moon" + The Wizard of Oz thing work? My friend did it apparently and he swears it does. I am not sure though, or if you could attain te same effect while not intoxicated.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 12:30 AM   #6
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

That album blew my mind pretty sternly when it first came out! I get a weird flashback kind of high everytime I hear it! Seems like it was always on just as you were starting to "get off"! Very creepy! I don't think I could handle the new version! Bad trip!
Old 07-29-2003, 01:21 AM   #7
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

Wow, this thread brings back memories: sitting in basement party rooms, incense burning, psychedelic posters and the black light turned on...

I remember thinking they were a great band back then (decades ago ), but what have they done lately?
Old 07-30-2003, 09:37 AM   #8
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Pink Floyd my dad loves that band! i like it too
i have'nt heard of a new album coming out.
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Bunnie_Queen_1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:52 PM   #9
anduin
Entwife

The Dark Side of the Moon/Wizard of OZ thing works if you want it to work. Oh and it helps if you get the timing right. Speaking of the timing, when exactly are you suppose to start the music? After the lion's roar or before?

I came to Pink Floyd soph year in high school I think. It was spurred by countless showings of The Wall at the Vogue Theatre (a one screen art deco theatre in Louisville KY...man I miss that place . I went every other saturday night (Rocky Horror was shown the alternate saturday) for the entire summer it seemed. You know its funny but DSOTM is one of those albums that I won't play just for background music. If I listen to it, I must sit down and listen to it all the way though without distractions.
To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:10 PM   #10
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

"The Wall" will never be eclipsed.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:44 AM   #11
anduin
Entwife

Has anyone seen them live? I saw them in 92 or so. I think that was when it was.
To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 03:08 PM   #12
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by anduin
Has anyone seen them live? I saw them in 92 or so. I think that was when it was.
yeah i saw them live about the same time. quite a good show. great visuals combined with the great music. if youve never seen pink floyd youve missed a lot.

by the way has anyone ever heard the dub version of dark side of the moon by (called Dub Side of the Moon). its pretty wild. if you like raggae and pink floyd its worth checking out.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 06:47 PM   #13
Lady Tinuveil
Elven Warrior

~

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex

by the way has anyone ever heard the dub version of dark side of the moon by (called Dub Side of the Moon). its pretty wild. if you like raggae and pink floyd its worth checking out.
Thats interesting Rex, I have never heard that before.
Lady Tinuveil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 03:29 PM   #14
azalea
Long lost mooter

I saw them live in '87. But it was so long ago, I don't remember any specifics. I remember I enjoyed it, though.
And when I have time, for everyone's enjoyment, I'll list my favorite song from each of their albums. I know you'll be looking forward to that!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 06:21 PM   #15
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by anduin
You know its funny but DSOTM is one of those albums that I won't play just for background music. If I listen to it, I must sit down and listen to it all the way though without distractions.
Yeah.

They're a great band.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:06 PM   #16
support_your_local_elf
Enting

Location: Being one of the two lost souls swimmin in a fish bowl, year after year, runnin over the same old ground.. What have we found? The same old fears..wish you were here...
Yeah, I know wot you mean. I doubt they're releasing a new album... I think Dave would keel over if they did another tour... I heard his health is... ummm, shall we say questionable? from various message boards... but I heard the rest are doing ok. But going their seprerate ways. Actually, I really haven't heard anything about Syd for about 1-2 years now... did he end up killing himself, or wot?
-Phil Ochs

The fat hobbit KNOWS!!!
support_your_local_elf is offline   Reply With Quote