Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-27-2000, 01:48 PM   #1
SilvaRanger

Dancers at the End of Time

Has anyone read Dancers at the End of Time by Michael Moor@#%$?
It's about people who live on earth in the last few centuries before the end of time. There are no longer any moral constraints, people live just for pleasure. They have power rings whcih can alter everything, from the world around them to personal appearance. Noone dies, everyone is immortal.
I've heard its meant to be a satire on decadent society, but I just love it because of the power rings and the fun they have, using the earth as a giant playground.
I'd reccomend this book to anyone, providing you're not easily shocked or offended.
Old 08-28-2000, 01:28 PM   #2
Film Hobbit

Re: Dancers at the End of Time

He's not the same Michael Moore that had that TV show called TV Nation for awhile is he? You know, the fat guy who always wears a baseball cap?
Old 08-29-2000, 09:34 PM   #3
Miralys

I haven't read the book but I'm familiar with the author. I love his Elric of Melnibone series and would highly reccomend it. It's a little on the profound side and also a bit dark, and as SilvaRanger noted not for the faint of heart or for those with a distaste for deep thought and anylsis. His books are hard to find where I am though, and the bookstores here claim he's out of print??? SilvaRanger where did you find this book?
Old 08-31-2000, 12:38 PM   #4
SilvaRanger

Miralys, I brought the books quite a few years ago in a really big bookstore. I'm really suprised to hear his work is out of print, what country are you talking about? I live in England and I think his stuff is still available here.
Elric of Melnibourne actually features in some of the End of Time stories, There is a book called Legends from the End of Time and in one of the stories a rather confused Elric accidentally travels through time and finds himself at the End of Time, very amusing, as he is totally bewildered by these decadent peopleand veiws them as Demons or similar.
I have read some of the Elric books, I prefer the End of Time books. I like the way he tries to create a world where charaters from his other books show up in each others stories.
Old 08-31-2000, 12:58 PM   #5
SilvaRanger

Just checked Amazon UK , Dancers at End of Time and Legends from End of Time are both still in print but are on special order so I'd guess they're quite hard to get hold of.
Old 08-31-2000, 07:24 PM   #6
Miralys

Hey thanks for the suggestion. Believe it or not I've never thought of looking online. Oh well. Live and learn right? The books will have to wait anyways because the start of the semester has drained my finances rather effectively.