Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-08-2003, 12:14 AM   #1
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

The Animatrix

We seem to have threads devoted to the other Matrix movies, so I figured I'd start a thread about this one. For those of you that don't know, The Animatrix is a collection of 9 short films further exploring the world of the Matrix. Most are done in an anime style by some of the world's best anime directors.

If you've seen it, what did you think of it and what were your favorites?

Final Flight of the Osiris was amazing and filled in some of the story between the original Matrix and Reloaded.
The Second Renaissance Pts. I and II were cool because you found out how the human race came to be enslaved by the machines.
Kid's Story was good because it provided a little back-story about the kid who was following Neo around Zion in Reloaded.
Program didn't really have much to do with understanding the matrix more, but the visual style was very cool.
World Record is probably my least favorite so far. (I haven't gotten around to watching Matriculated yet). It's good that the guy got out of the matrix on his own, but something just didn't work for me.
Beyond -- what can I say? Wow. This is probably the most beautiful film on the dvd. The colors are vibrant and it simply looks amazing. There isn't much to the story, but watch it just to enjoy the visuals.
A Detective Story was good just for the unique visual style. It looks like it's straight out of a comic book drawn in black, white, and shades of gray. The story involves Trinity and isn't bad.
Matriculated I haven't gotten around to seeing yet, but will soon.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 01:10 AM   #2
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Re: The Animatrix

Final Flight of the Osiris Haven't seen it yet, but planning to do because it's on the CD

The Second Renaissance Pts. I and II Loved it, all this background information was very cool!

Program Was interesting

A Detective Story God, I want to see it. Trinity.
Old 06-08-2003, 01:09 PM   #3
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i havent seen many but i have seen final flight of the osiris,,them rennaisance pts 1 and2 and program was pretty good
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 02:52 AM   #4
Millane
The Dude

i thought they were amazing... my favourite would have to be Program its done by the same bloke who did Ninja Scroll but ive forgotten his name again. A heap of people i know dont like the style of Kids Story but i thought it was awesome....
they had a thing on at the cinema last night with Matrix, Animatrix, Reloaded but my friends had a whinge and wanted to play Star Wars trivial pursiut instead so i missed out and boy am i mad but i was able to watch reloaded and ive already the animatrix
Old 06-09-2003, 11:33 PM   #5
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

The style of Kid's Story was ok. I like it at the beginning, where he's on the computer, but later the roughness of the characters starts to get on my nerves.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 05:25 PM   #6
Yamagata
Sapling

Final flight of the Osiris was awesome.
The second renaissance was not what I was expecting but very cool anyway.
World record- I liked the animation style but it didnt quite click with me, dunno why.
Program- quite possibly my favourite, very traditional anime with some excellent action scenes.
Detective story- very, very cool, loved the animation style.
Beyond- I really didn't like this one, not sure why, it was just a bit too arty for my liking.
Matriculated- I liked the bits outside the 'computer world' but inside was just too weird for me.
Kid's story- i liked this, nothing more, just liked it.

My one quibble is THEY'RE ALL TOO SHORT!!!!!!!! but otherwise a very good buy.

"Iron Maiden's gonna get ya no matter how far"
Yamagata is offline   Reply With Quote