Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-04-2003, 06:50 PM   #1
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Ideal part in a musical/play/movie

What would your ideal part in a musical, play, or movie be?
My musical character would definitely be Eponine in Les Miserables. Very sweet, very tragic, very, very excellent part.
For a play, Emily in "Our Town." Possibly the best part EVER! It takes on new meaning every time you see the play. And in a movie? Belle from Disney's "Beauty and the Beast." I've been obsessed with that movie since it originally came out! Plus, Belle seems to be the only female Disney character who doesn't rely on beauty and a Prince Charming to get her wish to come true. I really love that part.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:11 PM   #2
Ornelírë Mistë
Elven Warrior

My ideal part in a play would be the sound or light chair. Go techies.
Ideal part in a musical would be to play an instrument if they had some sort of musical ensemble.
Movie, the producer/person who gets all the stuff together, whatever it's called.
Ornelírë Mistë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:33 PM   #3
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Professor Henry Higgins from My Fair Lady...

Or a polar opposite - the Artful Dodger from Oliver!...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 04:01 PM   #4
Belle
Enting

Belle from Beauty and the Beast (hence the name/avatar) as that's my favourite Disney film and she's the heroine with a bit of spark and sees beyong looks in her Prince. I'd love to be Eowyn in the musical of LOTR, but Eliza Dolittle would be great or Scaramouche in We Will Rock You, or Mary M in Jesus Christ Superstar. I don't really know a lot of plays but in film it would have to be either Lara Croft or Satine from Moulin Rouge.
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Made me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 04:24 PM   #5
Laurus Nobilis
Enting

I would love to be Mina in Pepe Cibrian's Drácula- an Argentinian musical. It's simply amazing, and I can actually sing her part!
Or, to name a musical everyone knows, Belle in Beauty and the Beast
"...So the essential Quest started at once. But I met a lot of things on the way that astonished me. Tom Bombadil I knew already; but I had never been to Bree. Strider sitting in the corner at the inn was a shock, and I had no more idea who he was than had Frodo. The Mines of Moria had been a mere name; and of Lothlórien no word had reached my mortal ears till I came there. Far away I knew there were the Horse-lords on the confines of an ancient Kingdom of Men, but Fangorn Forest was an unforeseen adventure." ~ J. R. R. Tolkien
Laurus Nobilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 05:12 PM   #6
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

I'd love to play Falstaff in 1st Henry I. He's da fat!
Old 04-07-2003, 05:37 PM   #7
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
I'd *love* to be Scarlett in Gone With The Wind. love that movie, have seen it WAY too many times to count, and read it like 3 or 4 times. Definately comes before LOTR.
Old 04-07-2003, 05:47 PM   #8
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Musical wise I'd love to play either Demeter in Cats, Mimi in Rent or Scaramouche in WWRY!
Plays- well I'd have to go with Therese Raquin who I played a while back- she's a wonderful character or if not her then Roxane in Cyrano de Bergerac.
Films- I'd love to play Sarah in a remake of the Labyrinth (with David Bowie still as Jareth of course!)

Mx
Old 04-07-2003, 09:48 PM   #9
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i would be the stage crew because i cant act and i dont know many plays
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 09:59 PM   #10
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

It would be cool to be a Blue Man. That was a really good show, and you know it's different everywhere you see it. They're three different performers for each location, and all they do is mess around so they hardly ever do the exact same things twice wherever you go.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:10 PM   #11
Anglorfin
Alasailon

My ideal part in a movie would be the guy on the couch in Half Baked.

Uhhh the only play I've ever seen is Godspell like 10 years ago so I guess my ideal role would be Thomas the Apostle?

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 01:58 PM   #12
Salquënòrëwen
Elven Warrior

Hmm...for musical I would like to be either Jemima in Cats , and once I played Brigitta in a local production of The Sound of Music , and that was really fun, and I would love to do it again, or play Leisel.