Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-21-2003, 09:54 PM   #1
Ruinel
Banned

Got tips for War Craft III

I just purchased War Craft III. I'm supposed to play my brother on-line in about a week and a half. I've never played the game before and I'm just learning what's important in this game. Any tips that will help me open a can of whoop ass on my brother will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, if you think I'm a smart ass... you need to meet my brother. And trust me, he needs to be taken DOWN!!!!
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 09:56 PM   #2
s H m E i K s
Hobbit

I have it, I suck. Basically, if you played StarCraft or WarCraft II, you'll suck at WarCraft III.
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO - Extremely insightful and deeply reflective individuals of rare character and quality who share a deep and abiding knowledge of literary masterworks of extreme detail and delightful creativity, without whom the incredible works of a tremendously talented Oxford professor would fade into obscurity.

Formerly known as Aragorn.
s H m E i K s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 10:07 PM   #3
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Press [enter]

Type greedisgood

Press [enter]

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 10:21 PM   #4
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Hey Ruinel, I've had the game since last summer (though I haven't played much of it and I still suck)... do you want to have a game sometime?

And yeah, I was pretty good at StarCraft, but WarCraft III is oodles harder.

As for any good tips: well, that could differ between the four races... in general, learning about armour types is good. Piercing/ranged weapons are better against some armour types than others, and same with the other weapon types. Build your units accordingly. Because of the low population limit, it's especially important to ensure that as few of your units die as possible.

Remember to level up your hero right away - that could make a huge difference for you later.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 11:31 PM   #5
Anglorfin
Alasailon

#1) How old is your brother?

#2) How long has your brother been playing?

#3) What race does he normally use?

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 06:11 PM   #6
Ornelírë Mistë
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
Press [enter]

Type greedisgood

Press [enter]

Since when could you cheat online without hacking? Isn't enter how you talk?

"Most people never been to Hell," Jacob said.

She looked at him and he could hear the smile in her voice. "And I suppose you have?"
Ornelírë Mistë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 06:21 PM   #7
gdl96
the greg the admin

How often must I say this? The answer to all gaming questions is http://www.gamefaqs.com
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 08:09 PM   #8
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Game faqs is good, but i hate their message board. Talk about the worst system of moderation...and "karma"

IP, do you still have starcraft? You beat me that one time but it was a fluke I havent really played it in over a year though.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 12:38 AM   #9
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I haven't played it in ages, either. I'm sure it's still sitting around, though. And I have Brood War, though I don't have it installed (and I've hardly ever played much of it).
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 07:24 PM   #10
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Ooh, StarCraft. I just started playing again. (mostly in school)

I like StarCraft a whole lot more than WC3, but still nothing beats WC2.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote