Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-14-2000, 03:31 PM   #1
SarahStar

The size of this forum

Surely I am not the only one who has noticed the exceptionally huge size of this forum. I don't really care if there is a whole line of links to other pages at the top, but it takes me forever to load (okay, maybe not all that long, but long enough to notice the delay, and I have a very fast connection speed). I'm just a little curious about this. Do you not believe in pruning? Do you just like having an archive of all your old posts? Do you just keep all the old topics so you can start them up again a year later?

I know I'm pretty new here and so I have no business complaining, but I figure that if I'm getting annoyed with the delay, people with slower connection speeds must be having an awful time. Or maybe not. Maybe it's just me. I am a compulsive suggestion-giver. :lol:
Old 10-14-2000, 04:00 PM   #2
Darth Tater

Re: The size of this forum

Compulsion suggestion giver? Another one! AAAAAAAAH! J/K

We will hopefully be moving to a much faster ezboard server soon, and we certainly hope ezboard will come out with an actual archive feature.
Old 10-14-2000, 04:40 PM   #3
Johnny Lurker

Or...

... you could just archive the way IronParrot does on his board...
Old 10-14-2000, 07:05 PM   #4
bmilder

The size of the forum really shouldn't affect it at all, since it's divided into forum pages (of which we have 18 out of the 20 maximum). All 18 don't load, you just see the most recent page of topics. But as Tater mentioned, we will be moving to the ezboard VIP server as soon as it is feasible.

We currently do not archive, and once we reach 20 pages, the old posts will just "fall off the edge" and be deleted. I don't prune except for getting rid of old advertising threads.
Old 10-14-2000, 08:03 PM   #5
Eruve

FWIW I've noticed this board loads slower than the other EZBoards I post on. I figured it was the graphics. When I turn pics off, it loads as fast as anything.
Old 10-14-2000, 08:07 PM   #6
Johnny Lurker

Well, Pub4...

... was really lagging yesterday. It might just be a rotating problem...