Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-31-1999, 03:20 PM   #1
bmilder

Happy Halloween!

It's Halloween! Anyone have any plans? Trick or treating? Giving out candy? This is probably my last year of trick or treating. I wasn't going to do anything, but my friends wanted to. I've been convinced to go candy hunting with them from 12:30 up til about 7:30. Last year I joined them for the last couple of hours of their 12 hour hunt, and it was so dark that Jae (dmaul96) crashed into a tree . It was so funny, and his GIANT sack of candy was spilling out and we were taking it... (sorry Jae, but I love telling that story ) I know some of you are considerably older than myself, so what are you doing? Did you do anything for Mischief Night?
Old 11-01-1999, 03:12 AM   #2
anduin

Re: Happy Halloween!

I stayed home with my fiance and watched The Simpsons. However, last night was a different story!! BTW, bmilder, I live in Louisville, KY, so that's EST. I just happened to be up very late last night when I made the 'cult figure' post.
Old 11-02-1999, 12:01 AM   #3
Darth Tater

Halloween is religiously ofensive to me, so I watched a shoot-em-up
Old 11-02-1999, 12:08 AM   #4
Ryan6233

i would laugh...but thats not funny.
Old 10-31-2000, 08:21 PM   #5
bmilder

Wow, this old thing was sitting on page 19! But it's once again appropriate .

This is from when anduin was a newbie!
Old 10-31-2000, 09:18 PM   #6
gdl96

Wow. This is old. I'm not going T or T'ing this year cuz we made an agreement thing last year after our day long quest for candy to call it quits. I wore my funky jester hat (seen in my latest banner) to school, but that was all. Talking about Simpsons, anduin, I can't wait for Wednesday when the season premaire of Simpsons, Tree House of Horrors XI, airs! Yay!
Old 10-31-2000, 11:16 PM   #7
dunedain lady

I'm giving out candy, and it was costume day at our school. I would have gone as Morgan Le Fay, but the dress has a very long train, and it would have gotten all messed up. Some people had really cool costumes, though. Seán came as a quite impressive minstrel, and there were several Roman guys. The little Child Development kids came trick-or-treating through all the classrooms, including my physics class. They are sooo cute!! I wonder if there is something in the air today, as everyone was acting a little odd. Including me; I actually let myself get coerced into going to Homcoming, which I swore I would not do! They're after me, I tell you! It's a conspiricy to make me look absurd in front of the rest of the school!
Old 11-01-2000, 12:47 AM   #8
anduin

This year my hubby and I dressed as Jay and Silent Bob. He was Jay. We went to a party last Saturday night. This Saturday night we are having a Guy Fawkes Day party a.k.a Bonfire Night. It is a English holiday.

How's that for muliculturalism??

Hehe, I was only nine days old when I made that other post. Hmm, I just realized, I missed my anniversary. Oh well.
Old 11-01-2000, 01:14 AM   #9
Johnny Lurker

Jay and Silent Bob?

Silent Bob's my hero.
Old 11-01-2000, 01:30 AM   #10
The One Ring

Re: Jay and Silent Bob?

I put on a long black cloak and answered the door (which I'm doing right now, actually.... I'm just in between trick-or-treaters at the moment).
Old 11-01-2000, 01:33 AM   #11
captain Tarpols

(AKA HOBBIT) I'm to old to go trick or treating. but i did anyway. I went as a ghost. (I took a sheet and cut holes in it) there are no more trick or treaters out........I thin kthat there was an 8:00 curfue..
Old 11-01-2000, 02:00 AM   #12
gdl96

There was? My doorbell rang less than 10 times tonight. Nobody was T or T'ing. Oh well, more candy for me.
Old 11-01-2000, 02:28 AM   #13
Eruve

I'm exhausted from traipsing after my kids for an hour and a half this evening. They went as Po (the Tellietubby; I know, but she's only 3 and was very proud of her costume) and Mew Two.
Old 11-01-2000, 09:05 AM   #14
emilsson

Since Halloween is not that big in Sweden I haven't done anything special ( this weekend in Sweden is by tradition a time to honour dead relatives ). But on Saturday there's a Halloween party at my college and I'm going there dressed as a Jedi Knight.
Old 11-01-2000, 04:50 PM   #15
Gilthalion

I ran by my sister's house and heard my niece and all her little friends playing hide & seek in her backyard after trick or treating.

I crept softly near and looked over the fence from behind a bush.

The moment they were all looking another way, I let loose with a ghastly scream! They ran screaming themselves indoors to their frightened mothers.

My sister, who had not told them I was coming, laughed and laughed! It could not have been better if I had devised one of my elaborate hauntings!

Bwah hah ha ha ha ha!

(Actually, up till then, the Mrs & I passed out candy and gospel tracts.)
Old 11-01-2000, 06:36 PM   #16
Elbreth of Carhouth

Nothing!
We don't celebrate halloween, so we answered the door, telling the little ghouls "sorry, we don't celebrate halloween"...
I think that after 7 years they finally have realized that they're not getting any candy from us...
Only four doorbell rings...

Before we moved out here, we used to have an "anti-halloween" party for out youth group, but we haven't done that up here.
Old 11-02-2000, 01:49 AM   #17
Elanor

I was pretty busy yesterday, so I celebrated Halloween by singing Danse Macabre in my head, telling my roommates "Happy Halloween!", and eating a caramel apple for desert.
Old 11-06-2000, 03:10 AM   #18
arynetrek

i had to work halloween night - grr. dressed up as One of Them, which was just about the only thing i could do because of my work's dress code. so i celebrated by reading fantasy comix at lunch & eating all the leftover trick-or-treat candy in the store on Saints' Day (which i also had to work... and dia de los muertos...)

aryne *