Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-15-2003, 10:39 PM   #21
azalea
Long lost mooter

I really like it, but I don't think it's quite as good as the FotR soundtrack.
Gollum's Song is so good and creepy. It actually made me start to think of what a tragic character Gollum is (instead of just bad or pitiable). It's as if he had no choice in the matter: he gets the ring by way of being ensnared by its evil (although there is the speculation about his character before that), he is corrupted by it, becomes wretched, and loses himself to the ring, and it ends up being the cause of his demise (and I would characterize it as one of the most grusome, painful and horrifying demises of all time, not a fun way to go). That really makes me feel sorry for him, that an innocent (we assume) creature's life becomes yet another tragic tale of suffering caused by the ring. He really could be argued to be a sacrificial hero, his life ruined that many others would be spared. It's sad. I'm not looking forward to seeing that part in RotK (okay, I am, but it'll be sad and horrifying, no matter what a bad guy he ends up being in the end, because I'm sure he didn't want to end up that way when he was Smeagol).
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 09:16 PM   #22
Ainaethir
Sapling

thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you very much!
i just love soundtracks....i fall aslleep to them every night(always on repeat mode.)
thanks for the information!
Ainaethir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 10:52 PM   #23
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

I love Gollum's Song! I'm learning it so I can sing it around the campfire on my next school camp - tho people will probably kill me for it. I don't know why, but they don't like LOTR! And I tell them about it all the time, they just refuse to be converted!
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote