Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-19-2001, 08:55 PM   #1
webwizard333

Muddy Mess

I currently hate my job. I'm a volunteer counselor at a park in my town and today we had a special events day. There was a mud pit. There was wrestling in the mud pit. I was body slammed in the mud pit. Not a good day. Who else here has a job like this?
Old 07-20-2001, 12:40 AM   #2
gdl96

Re: Muddy Mess

I'm a counselor at the local JCC. Pay sucks and the kids are really starting to get on my nerves. The kids in my group are 5/6 years old. There are a few good ones, but the rest are terrible. The first session is almost over, which means that some kids will be leaving (and we get some more). One of our best kids is leaving! Damn! Why couldn't one of those other kids who are damn annoying leave? Some of the good kids do make the job somewhat rewarding. And it's always nice to see how some of the kids love you so much (which means good tips! )
Old 07-20-2001, 03:46 PM   #3
Shanamir Duntak

It's sad that you don't have enough time, you'd have much more fun if you'd learn to know them.

I'm a I-don't-recall-how-you-say-it-english-but-one-of-the-adults-in-charge-in-french-it's-animateur in the boy scouts.

I have some boys three years, I learn to know them, it's quite rewarding to see them evolve.
Old 07-21-2001, 04:28 PM   #4
Idril Celebrindal

I teach little kids (between 5 and 12 or so, I should think) to skate. It's rewarding to see them progress, but some of them are soooo annoying. also I don't get paid.
Old 07-21-2001, 09:24 PM   #5
webwizard333

Don't get me wrong, I like the kids. Just not when I'm thrown into a mud pit face first. :lol:
Old 07-21-2001, 10:03 PM   #6
Inoldonil

I don't know webwizard, sounds fun to me.