Old 07-20-2001, 04:19 PM   #61
Darth Tater

Re: Party

Shanamir, it's probably gonna be 28th to 30th, december is COLD
Old 07-20-2001, 04:57 PM   #62
Xivigg

How cold ???

here cold is around -30 celcius without wind only us or 0] would sleep outside :lol:

any snow were we are going ?? if yes how much around the 29 of december ?? anyone would bother if we had a tent in their courtyard ??
Old 07-20-2001, 05:10 PM   #63
Shanamir Duntak

Yup... mostly my question... cause, if there enough snow (i doubt it, we'd need at least 3 feet) we could make a queenzie. Otherwise, if there's no snow, it's not a problem, we'll just plant the tent. What would bother me is if there's only 1 foot of snow...
Old 07-20-2001, 05:25 PM   #64
Xivigg

we'll make a huge snow war and their will be no more snow :P
Old 07-20-2001, 06:50 PM   #65
Darth Tater

Wow, you two really are completely insane
Old 07-20-2001, 07:30 PM   #66
gdl96

Lemme answer those climate questions...

I'm not good with Celcious, but it can be anywhere from 0-30 degrees Farenheight (sp?). It's hard to tell cuz the weather can vary. I also don't really know about snow. We get a moderate amount of snow, and there's always a chance it might come that weekend, but it may not. This isn't like some places in Canada that just snow all winter.

We'll have to figure somethig out for transportation.
Old 07-20-2001, 10:03 PM   #67
Shanamir Duntak

Ask Ben to answer my questions... is it bad if we come the 27th in the evening? By the way, in celsius, it's around -18 to -1...(0-30F)

Ok.. normally, we won't have much stuff, so, if you can just take us with a car, it would be ok.... could some parents come?

It doesn't bother us if it snows while we're there. What does is if the snow stay. Here we finish the winter with something like 5 feet of snow, so down there, what are we much likely to find? snow, no snow, lots, a little...

Anyway... now I've got Ben's ICQ back... I'll msg him....

And, thanks Greg
Old 07-20-2001, 11:19 PM   #68
Manwe Sulimo

Darth Tater: Ehm... friendly lurkers? ehh... I'm one of those whose online time is consumed by other boards... and I think this place is just too big for me to start posting here regularly, at least in all the forums...
Old 07-20-2001, 11:32 PM   #69
Shanamir Duntak

bah... you'd finds the time if you want...
Old 07-20-2001, 11:42 PM   #70
Darth Tater

says the guy who was absent for months and months
Old 07-21-2001, 01:47 AM   #71
Shanamir Duntak

heu....
Old 07-21-2001, 05:40 PM   #72
Xivigg

he's here now ain't he ??
Old 07-21-2001, 06:17 PM   #73
bmilder

Re: Entmoot gathering for the movies?

Well I guess it hasn't been set in stone yet, there could be a few tweaks to the scheduling if someone shows it to be necessary, but the dates I proposed seemed to be largely ok with everyone. I don't know if we can think up enough activities for EntmootCon to last an entire weekend - maybe it would be better to shorten it for people to save on hotels. On the other hand, if it's too short, it's not worth people's while to come from far away. So I think those dates will be good.

Xanthyz et al: I believe my parents would be able to pick you guys up at the airport/train station, whatever. And as I said, a limited number can stay in our house. It's pretty cold here - nothing compared to Quebec, but still chilly. A tent seems silly - I'm sure something else can be worked out.

I believe there is enough interest now to continue planning... maybe we should start a new thread about what exactly to do at EntmootCon other than see the movie .
Old 07-22-2001, 01:26 AM   #74
anduin

No laughing.......

Tolkien Jeopardy!!!!!
Old 07-22-2001, 02:47 AM   #75
gdl96

Re: No laughing.......

It's really no point if EntCon doesn't last the whole weekend cuz there are lots of people coming from all over North America. There is plenty to do in our area. Maybe everyone could arrive Friday afternoon/evening. We could see the movie on Saturday afternoon and then go out to dinner. Sunday will just be a day to hang out and stuff. Maybe we could go to the mall, or something like that.
Old 07-22-2001, 03:16 AM   #76
anduin

The last place I would go to is the mall with a bunch of teenagers. Those days are long gone for me. It would be cool to go out for a beer or something, but that wouldn't really work, now would it? How about ice skating? If there was snow we could go sledding. We could go and hang at a coffeeshop or something. Do the coffeeshops there have all ages shows?
Old 07-22-2001, 03:33 AM   #77
gdl96

Ice skating is a good idea. It's about 30 minutes away or so, but it's a really nice place. We'll have to see if everyone else wants to do that.
Old 07-22-2001, 09:36 AM   #78
HOBBIT

ice skating is fine...I will have suggestions later, but my brain is not working now...I think i went to sleep at 7:45 Pm and woke up about 5:00 something a.m............I left my computer on all night by accident (because i fell asleep) and my lights on...oh well. My body should figure out the time difference in a couple hours. See you with some helpful suggestions...The one suggestion i do have is that people from other countries could maybe bring a sampling of their coins for us to see (i like coins), but that wouldn't take up too much time
Old 07-22-2001, 02:11 PM   #79
Shanamir Duntak

Ok... let's start a new thread to talk about it..
Old 07-22-2001, 02:20 PM   #80
bmilder

EntmootCon Planning continued there.