Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-19-2002, 07:35 AM   #1
Agburanar
Elf Lord

Rollerskaters, Help Me Please!

I'm doing a project on designing a device to stop wheel-lock (that's when wheels on quad skates rub against each other and cause accidents. You probably know what I mean).

Please can ANYONE with ANY KIND of experience on Quad rollerskates (or in fact ANY type of skates) help me by filling this in, thanks!

Which age group do you fall into?
8-12 13-15 16-18 19-24 25+

Are you a Quad skater?
Yes
No

What type of skating style would you say that you use?
Beginner Street Artistic Extreme Hockey Dance Other

What colour are your skates?
White Black Brown Blue Red Other

Do you have any special accessories?
No Skate cover Laser lights Hockey equipment Other

How much does Wheel-lock affect you?
Not at all Sometimes Often I keep falling over and have no teeth left. (Ok, maybe not that much!)

Which of your wheels gets worn out quickest?
Inside rear Outside rear Inside front Outside front

What material are your skates?
Solid Plastic Flexible plastic Leather

Which of these does your skate have?
Fitted boot (boot and trucks all in one) Loose boot (bolted to trucks) without gap Loose boot with gap under sole Mid-bar Low-bar

Thanks, just leave out anythng which you don't know what I'm nattering on about!

ROLLING STOCK, WE'RE ROLLING STOCK!!
Agburanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 08:00 AM   #2
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

I don't skate myself but my friend used to be in Starlight Express so I could ask him to help you out. He was always falling over but I think that might just be because he has no balance!!!! Miranda x
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 11:37 AM   #3
Agburanar
Elf Lord

So jealous. I spent fourteen years of my life preparing to be in that show (see the avatar?) and now it's closed. I either have to learn German now or give up. Yes, please do ask him that would be great! Also if he has any tips, pictures, signed programmes he could send me.... maybe not.

Last edited by Agburanar : 11-19-2002 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-19-2002, 04:21 PM   #4
Miranda

Like I'd ever get anything like that out of him- tight bugger!!!!! I wanted to be in the show too but then wham its gone- then I thought- hey CATS is cool and what happens???? Buggers!!!! I'll talk to him though- he might have some info for you but he's busy working in Taboo at the mo. Mx
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 05:13 PM   #5
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

I have Rollarblades, not rollarskates.

Which age group do you fall into?
8-12 13-15 16-18 19-24 25+

13-15

Are you a Quad skater?
Yes
No

no

What type of skating style would you say that you use?
Beginner Street Artistic Extreme Hockey Dance Ot
her

street or Artistic

What colour are your skates?
White Black Brown Blue Red Other

black, brown, other

Do you have any special accessories?
No Skate cover Laser lights Hockey equipment Other

no

How much does Wheel-lock affect you?
Not at all Sometimes Often I keep falling over and have no teeth left. (Ok, maybe not that much!)

not at all

Which of your wheels gets worn out quickest?
Inside rear Outside rear Inside front Outside front

the front and the back

What material are your skates?
Solid Plastic Flexible plastic Leather

Fexible plastic

Which of these does your skate have?
Fitted boot (boot and trucks all in one) Loose boot (bolted to trucks) without gap Loose boot with gap under sole Mid-bar Low-bar

???

I hope that helped some!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune

Last edited by Ms. Undomial : 11-23-2002 at 09:20 PM.
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 09:19 PM   #6
Celandine
Elven Warrior

I hope this will help you

8-12

yes

street

other

no

sometimes

outside rear

flexible plastic

???

My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone

You can do it a trot, you can do it at a gallop, you can do it at a rate so your heart don't palpatate, just don't be late, do the PUYALLUP

and in the morning i'm makin' WAFFLES

We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz. Because, because, because, because, BECAUSE of the wonderful things he does.

I am a banana.

All around the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel, the monkey thought it was all in fun, POP goes the weasel

Do you think Chelsey's smart?

Texaco, star of the American Road!

You can trust your car with the man who wears the star at the big bright texaco star!!

TEXACO FOREVER!!!

It's texaco.com http://www.texaco.com/texaco/
Celandine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 11:41 PM   #7
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

(resists the urge to break into tunes from Starlight Express)
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 11:42 AM   #8
Agburanar
Elf Lord

Oh, you don't need to resist that urge here. Break into whatever you like!

Old 11-28-2002, 06:41 AM   #9
Agburanar
Elf Lord

OK, I guess there aren't that many skaters around here. Take note: it would be a mistake to release that roller-skating version of LotR.....

Thanks everyone who gave me answers, please keep posting if you've got anything else you'd like to say or anything that could help. Cheers!

(Rolling Stock, we're Rolling Stock...)

Old 11-28-2002, 06:45 AM   #10
Miranda

Audition- Just thought I'd let you know that there's an audition for the German STEX at Pineapple studios Langley Street London at 10am on Monday the second. I'll be there- I'm going for Pearl- perhaps you should come along- be nice to meet a fellow Mooter too!!! Mx
Old 11-28-2002, 11:30 AM   #11
Agburanar
Elf Lord

Yeah, I read that in THE STAGE earlier today. dunno if I can get to London on the second, but I'll try. I don't think I'll go in for any of the parts though. I'd love to play Electra but although i can skate and took dance A level I'm only 18 and can't get that high accurately, I've got more of a poppa voice so i guess I'll wait twenty years or so before auditioning.

I can't speak German although I know most of the German lyrics (have you seen the trailer on the StEx website? It's excellent) but I'm due to study stage management and technical theatre at Bristol Old Vic, so I'll get that sorted first.

Also, are you annoyed by the way Cats always gets preference? Starlight closed waaaaay before Cats (unfortunately) with much less ceremony and now the Cats tour has started first. Annoyingness. But not as annoying as the prospect of a Starlight cartoon, that's really bad!

Sorry about that, I'm just pleased to have found someone who is like-minded!

Old 11-28-2002, 04:01 PM   #12
Miranda

Quote:
Originally posted by Agburanar
Yeah, I read that in THE STAGE earlier today. dunno if I can get to London on the second, but I'll try. I don't think I'll go in for any of the parts though. I'd love to play Electra but although i can skate and took dance A level I'm only 18 and can't get that high accurately, I've got more of a poppa voice so i guess I'll wait twenty years or so before auditioning.

I can't speak German although I know most of the German lyrics (have you seen the trailer on the StEx website? It's excellent) but I'm due to study stage management and technical theatre at Bristol Old Vic, so I'll get that sorted first.

Also, are you annoyed by the way Cats always gets preference? Starlight closed waaaaay before Cats (unfortunately) with much less ceremony and now the Cats tour has started first. Annoyingness. But not as annoying as the prospect of a Starlight cartoon, that's really bad!

Sorry about that, I'm just pleased to have found someone who is like-minded!
I don't reckon I'll get a part there, I'm eighteen too and very inexperienced but I'm going for the fun of it and the hope that they might say, yeah kid we want you!!! I wanted to be in Cats too, I'm quite classical and wanted to play Victoria- I played her at a masterclass once. They've done a STEX vid- like the Cats one- and John Partridge (a v. dear friend) is in it!!! Don't know when its out though. They're also doing an arena tour in the near future. I'm going to one of the opening nights of the Cats tour in Plymouth and went to the last performance in Covent Garden in May. I met my best friend at a Cats masterclass about two years ago so it was a very special night and my dedication to the musical was proven when I dragged myself out of hospital with virtual kidney failure to see the final show. You shoudl turn your PMs on darling so I can talk to you in more depth about the wonderful world of closed London musicals. Mx
Old 11-29-2002, 06:11 AM   #13
Agburanar
Elf Lord

Love to, oh one of impeccable taste. Me and one of my friends in my Dance A level group are attempting to plan something, but I'm afraid it's just too difficult.

I'm so glad John Partridge is in it, although Chris Copeland as Electra would be great too. I heard a nasty rumour that Michael Jackson was going to be in it! (Didn't believe it for a second...)

Last edited by Agburanar : 11-29-2002 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-29-2002, 07:16 AM   #14
Miranda

Quote:
Originally posted by Agburanar
Love to, oh one of impeccable taste. Me and one of my friends in my Dance A level group are attempting to plan something, but I'm afraid it's just too difficult.

If you want to contact me my e-mail is wyldcat@talk21.com, please feel free!

I'm so glad John Partridge is in it, although Chris Copeland as Electra would be great too. I heard a nasty rumour that Michael Jackson was going to be in it! (Didn't believe it for a second...)
I heard dat too but its bull!!!! Chris was a great Electra- I saw him in it a couple of years ago with my best mate and it was so embarrassing. We both thought he looked well fit as Electra and wanted to get his attention so my mate suggested at the end when everyone's up and clapping we should shout Electra! At the top of our lungs. Anyway he's pretty close to us at the end and I'm thinking wayhey he'll hear us. My friend says on the count of three lets do it so after three up I leap screaming ELECTRA! at the top of my lungs when I suddenly realise my amtes still in the seat next to me as quiet as a mouse!!! Chris is killing himself laughing bcoz he realised what had happened- I could have died!! We met him after the show though and it was great and he was really lovely. I'll never forget that night though- THE SHAME!!!! Have you heard that Umoja- the musical that replaced Cats is closing (evil laughter as she feels ultimate revenge!) Maybe it will come back- audition with me if it does- I'd be scared to go alone. I'll email you properly soon Mx