Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-28-2002, 07:25 AM   #1
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

*sighs mournfully*

i am so freaking worried about my parents! I think that they might be getting divorced When they talk most days it's fighting/b!tching I was talking to my RL friends and they all say get over it, I can't help it if I'm a sheltered child.

Any advice? ? ?
Old 11-28-2002, 08:40 AM   #2
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
Talk to your parents about it. Say your worried and want to know whats going on.
I'm sure its nothing and they are just going through a rough patch

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Hanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 09:45 AM   #3
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

That's tough! When people as closely connected as a husband and wife have serious arguments, It gets "down and dirty" sometimes, and probably does sound terrible. There can be a lot at stake, and "pride" is often involved. If things get bottled up for several years, when they finally come out, it's explosive! Hopefully what you are hearing sounds worse that it really is. It's hard to give advice, as everybody ( your parents have 3 different personalities, your dad is a husband, a dad, and a man with a romantic relationship with a woman, your mom is the feminine counterpart, you see the "Mom/Dad" people, but the others are there too!) has different ways of arguing and expressing themselves.
IF IT WAS ME (but this might not work for someone else! ) I would bring it up, calmly, but bluntly....You all seem to be arguing a lot lately, and I'm worried you're going to get a divorce! What's going on here? Of course, this might start "Round 15" or whatever, with blame being slung about, I don't know what's up. You might want to ask just one of them, I don't know. Being a "grownup" with a family is very, very hard! There are so many things that put immense pressures on you. I sure hope they work through this! As I stated earlier, the arguing could sound worse than it really is, sometimes you gotta have a real knock down, drag out ordeal, to clear the air and get the bad feelings, emotional disappointments, and anger out! Hope this passes soon!

Last edited by Lizra : 11-28-2002 at 09:49 AM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 11:10 AM   #4
Duddun
I Antha

I hate it when my parents fight. And they don't even fight much. I hope your parents stop fighting.
I'm Not Evil!
If the critics say it's good, is it really That good?
It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's a balloon!
Duddun, Son of Bubbun
Duddun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 11:38 AM   #5
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Talk to them both at the same time and, if possible, when they are both in a good mood.

If you can communicate with each other as a family it might start them talking as man and wife in a more civil way

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 07:41 PM   #6
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

mom's always in a bad mood so the talking thing wont help (thanks for the idea though) when i try talking to dad he always goes on about how mom's such a
b!tch
. Today in gym i was kinda upset (1st period) my "friend" walks up and more or less says "Suck it up buttercup" about my folks, and says that her parents prolly fight more then mine do. . . it dosent matter whos parents fight more it's not a good thing, but there's nothing i can do!!!
Old 11-29-2002, 12:50 AM   #7
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Are any of your friends parents divorced? Maybe you could talk to those friends about it and not have to worry about people coming up to you and saying insensitive things like that.

In a situation like this you should never have to 'suck it up, buttercup', because it is painful and hurtful. You should, however, be careful not to assume. Adults go through rough patches and often come out fairly unscathed.

My parents are divorced, and my mom is remarried. I don't remember too much from my parents divorce, since I was really young, but my mom and stepdad have had extremely rough and scary patches, so I can empathize with what's going on with you right now.

The best advice I can give you is not broadcast to all of the school that your parents are fighting a lot (since a lot of kids' parents do this as well). Perhaps just discuss it with some really close friends, talk to a counselor, write it in a diary or someone online (one to one, not on a messageboard).