Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-02-2002, 12:55 AM   #41
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

This was the first year in the last five or so that I didn't go Christmas carolling with friends. We're usually a big hit with people who spend the evening hiding in the bushes with a garden hose . But they must like us, because they never turn the water on us.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 08:30 AM   #42
sun-star
Lady of Letters

I prefer bonfire night to Halloween. Not so many sweets, but more fireworks, and its own little poem!
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 11:21 AM   #43
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Well there was a good chance that HobbitChick88 would have gone trick or treating with me, but she got sick! We were gonna go to Indian Trace (this really big subdivision where lots of our friends live), and now I had nobody to go with. But I ended up taking my next door neighbor kids that I babysit up and down our street and then went with them to their aunt's house and took Melissa on their street (the other two stayed at their aunt's house and played). We came on home, and my dad took me to Indian Trace. It wasn't near as much fun by myself, so I quit after a couple of streets. But overall I still had a fun night. Oh, and I was Galadriel, BTW. Everyone was going, "Are you an angel?"

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 03:04 PM   #44
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

gl88- why didn't you ask your other friends? or did they have a v-ball game or somethin?

I wasn't gonna go trick or treating since i'm getting kinda old but my cousin asked me and my sister to go with her and her one year old boy. He was in a frog outfit and he was soooo cute. My sister's boyfriend came too and after the little frog went down a street and went home me and my sister and her boyfriend went down a bunch more. so then we went and got some pizza and watched ET and then went home around 11 cause my sister's boyfriend had to be home. anyway that's what i did for halloween. I thought i was too old but my 20 year old brother and his wife went trick or treating and got two full pillowcases of candy.
Old 11-03-2002, 10:00 AM   #45
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowfax
Haha! No, that's never happened, but it would be funny if it did. Did you do that?
Yep *nodnodnodnodnod*

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!

Last edited by Claenoic : 11-03-2002 at 10:02 AM.
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:02 PM   #46
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

For Halloween, I went candy-getting with my friends. With a PILLOWCASE! I've never got to take a pillowcase before! I've so much candy now it's going to take me two years to finish it all! A bag and a half's worth!
Old 11-03-2002, 09:03 PM   #47
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Elven Archer - She got sick that day and everybody else either had plans or wasn't going. Would've invited you but I figured you had plans, sorry...but I was pretty sure my next door neighbors would let me go with them so I did.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 10:42 PM   #48
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

didn't mean it like "why didn't you invite me", i meant it like why didn't you invite your other friends. i was just kinda wandering why you didn't invite them, that's all. i don't mind at all that you didn't invite me. by the way did you know volley ball season is over??
Old 11-03-2002, 11:30 PM   #49
HobbitChick88
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Elven Archer
did you know volley ball season is over??
Never would have guessed

Yeah, I did get sick and it was a very unfortunate time too. But I pretended to be better the next day so I could still go to Graceland with my dad (which was awesome, by the way ).
so overall, halloween wasn't too bad for me. Even though the only candy i got was a tootsie pop from my sister hehe

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whose you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Joshua 24:15

Step follows step,
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger
Set your heart on victory!

"Where is Elizabeth?"
"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really....except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."
~Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, POTC

fROdO LIVeS!!!!
HobbitChick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 05:05 PM   #50
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

I nearly got hit by a firework on bonfire night it missed me by about an inch and then exploded so i had to run!!(it was a massive rocket one too!) I love bonfire night it's great and i also like toffee apples too but i preffer the chocolate ones!!!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote