Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-08-2002, 10:38 PM   #61
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf

if you and Galadriel had hooked up WOW. your offspring would have been AWESOME. what if you had several daughters ( maybe some son's too) wives for Gil-galad, Elrond, Glorfindel, and Gildor. And what if there offspring had great offspring....
Um, Elrond married Celebrian. I don't know much about her, but she was the daughter of Galadriel, so she'd have to be pretty cool! But true, the hypothetical children of Galadriel and Cirdan would have to be great!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 10:51 PM   #62
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by Cirdan
Afro-elf,

I must confess I always had a thing for Galadriel. I just could never understand what she sees in Celeborn. Then again I was always putting out to sea, and in my younger days I had an elfess in every port (there weren't many ports then). Celeborn was more the stay at home type. A bit hen-pecked, too.
I guess you didn't realize her elf-sight was stronger than the usual and saw you all across mountain and sea with the other lady elves. Alas, you have the rest of the trip to the West and until the end of days to keep company.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 03-08-2002 at 10:52 PM.
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 11:10 PM   #63
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Arathorn,

I believe your right. I should have given her the pearls instead of giving them to Thingol. He was in a hard way, looking for something to entice the Naugrim. I've got to get my priorities sorted out, but then again a friend in need...
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 09:38 AM   #64
Thrain
Enting

Cirdan alas,
What is done is done.
But.....
Maybe you get her back.... Who knows?
Old 03-17-2002, 08:28 PM   #65
TinuvielChild
Padawan

*imagines Cirdan and Galadriel's offspring....stumbles back in shock* whoo-hoo! that would have been pretty bloody amazing!

thrain, i hope you realize this, but in ending many of your posts with 'so there', you are pissing large quantities of people off. you are being overly egotistical, and i would be willing to bet that you have not recently read the LotR. A good thread for you to read would be 'Thrain the Insane' if you have not already done so.
no offense meant, but you are being rather annoying.

see? i ended with a smiley to show that i do not mean to sound rude

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 11:01 PM   #66
MasterMothra
Elven Warrior

my favourites would have to be isildur for men, his deeds before the last alliance alone guarantee him a place among the greatest. cutting the ring was also a great accomplishment. you have to remember that men were the most easily corruptable and men also had large ego's, especially lords. any harm that came from his keeping the ring is greatly overshadowed by good deeds he accomplished in the name of men.
fingolfin or feanor for elf. one for his valor and the other for creating one of the most precious things in all me.

i always wished that galadriel would have looked beyond morgoth's deeds and united with him in marriage. wicked children. just a thought.
Old 03-17-2002, 11:02 PM   #67
Earenya
Elven Warrior

Wow, this is one of the most verbally electric threads I've read.

Quote:
You probably have them in a different order but I was always talking about my favorite (which implies an opinion of admiration) and not who's best.
I agree with you, Arathorn. And in all seriousness, we wouldnt have the LotR story if Isildur hadnt kept the ring. In fact, our original hero Mr. Baggins might not've survived his "There and Back Again" adventures, because he would've never gotten the ring. Would he have been eaten by Gollum? Probably not that either, because Gollum would have stayed Smeagol.... and so on.
Tiro! El eria e mor
I 'lir en el luitha 'uren
Ai! Aniron...

FRODO LIVES!
Earenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 11:27 PM   #68
TinuvielChild
Padawan

that sort of reasoning, in the last few posts, about the possibilities of if the ring weren't there, and about the galadriel/morgoth thing, would probably belong in the "What if.." thread. some rather interesting/shocking/horrifying/amusing things on that thread...

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 06:11 AM   #69
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Human Lord: Turin. (He's probably my favourite Sil character overall.)
Elf Lord: Gil-galad.
Dwarf: Dáin.
Old 08-24-2002, 09:13 AM   #70
Sween
im quite stupid

fingolfin was cool he went and challenged An angel who turned into the devil and he was but an elf. Isildur was one hell of a human forget keeping the ring the ring is the ring and it was above them all his day held his ownb it was he that struck the mortal blow to sauron.

In lord of the rings we have a pick Theoden was a great ruler and once he was out his sadness he couldnt of done any better (apart from get a horse that wasnt such a chicken) Aragorn though i mean he and Gandelf pratically saved Gondor and middle earth.

Theres a few to many to chose from they all at some point show greatness.
Old 08-24-2002, 03:08 PM   #71
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

-

BoP- Turin is one of my favs as well!

I have only read the silm. once, and haven't read LOTR in a year, so I don't really remember elf/dwarf lords.

Wait, Legolas was an elf lord right? A prince of Mirkwood? Would that make him a lord?

Don't knw much bout dwarves. I'm an idiot.

-~*Sminty*~-
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 03:35 PM   #72
flopster
Sapling

Now I realize that some my choices might be a little off the beaten track, but bear with me here.

Fave Dwarf - Bombur. Ya gotta love the fat guy. Come on, the guy had to be carried cause he was too fat to walk. And he lived happily ever after.

Fave Human - Turin. I love tragic heroes, and he's like Oedipus meets Hamlet. He's so human. And the expanded version in Unfinished Tales is soo much better than the Silmarillion. Also Hour is pretty gnarly too, he took out like 70 orcs by himself and went down swinging just so turgon could get away. Real dramatic stuff. Oh yea and his grandson saved the world, which is a plus.

Fave Elf - Hmmm.....You see, I love all the supporting characters. They never get the glory, but somehow they're always the coolest. For example Mablung (of the Silmarillion of course, not LOTR) or Ecthelion (or Hama for humans) are by far the coolest characters. But if it has to be a LORD (although technically I believe all the characters I just mentioned were nobility), I'd say Celeborn. His wife had him totally whipped, but then at the end he says screw this and stays behind when she goes back west. I don't think I could take it anymore either after the first few thousand years. I love that about him.

Fave Dog - Huan. come on, he rocked

PS - somebody take a look at my thread in this forum. If you can answer my questions.....then you sure know you're middle earth trivia!
flopster is offline   Reply With Quote