Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-04-2001, 03:48 PM   #1
Fuor

The owners of the Dwarf rings ?

We all no the inscription on the ring but who were the Dwarf rings given too and what happened to them ?

Come to think of that who were the Nazgul before they became....well....Nazgul. I know they were great lords but what weretheir names and such.

Yet another question. You wee the three Elven rings originally given to.

And just one more......they were made in Eregion but where is that ?

Hope someone can help me?
Old 04-04-2001, 05:19 PM   #2
Xivigg

Re: The owners of the Dwarf rings ?

the ring of the dwarven lord

if my memory work's well they were either destroy by dragon fire or Sauron get them.

as for the Nazghul they were 9 great lord of the men

the elven ring were originaly given to Galadriel and Cirdan
Cirdan later give one to Elrond and one to Gandalf
Old 04-04-2001, 08:06 PM   #3
bmilder

The rings were given to various Dwarven-lords. One of the people who was known to have it was Thror, who passed it to his son Thrain, who gave it up to Sauron while imprisoned.

Eregion is also known as Hollin. It's southeast of Rivendell and west of the Misty Mountains. The Fellowship passed through it on their way to Moria.
Old 04-05-2001, 05:52 PM   #4
Finduilas

I remember reading somewhere that the Ring given to the dwarves in Khazad Dum was given by Celebribor. However I can't remember where I read that.
Old 04-05-2001, 06:54 PM   #5
Xivigg

i've read somewere that only the 3 ring of the elves weren't corrupted by Sauron

thus i supose that when he destroy eregion he took all the ring but the 3
Old 04-05-2001, 08:31 PM   #6
Inoldonil

Dwarven Rings

As for who got the Dwarf rings, I would guess they went to nobles among the different tribes, since there were seven of these. One of them went to Durin III, and passed down from him. Read Of Durin's Folk in the Appendices. Sauron recovered three of the Dwarven Rings, and the rest were consumed by Dragons.

The Nazgul were Sorcerer Kings, but we don't any of their names, except Khamul The Easterling, who was second in power and the one most effected by sunlight. He ruled Dol Guldur when Sauron removed to Mordor, although it was also occupied by one lesser Nazgul and a third that served as a messenger between Sauron and Khamul.

bmilder, didn't Durin III have it much before Thror, or was it Durin VI? Or am I befuddled?

Xiv, the Elven Rings were the only ones he never touched, but they were still under his ultimate dominion. The lesser Rings the Elves of Eregion tried to destroy, he did indeed recover others, and of these came the Dwarven Rings (i.e., he gave seven of them to the Dwarves).

In light of this, he couldn't have given one to Durin III, who lived much further back. I do think it was Durin VI though. What about it bmilder?