Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2007, 02:17 PM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Hmm, really? "All of us?" Perhaps all of us, excluding yourself. It is glaringly obvious that you feel very strongly that women are inferior to men in amost every aspect - except "nurturing," and you go so far as to assert that women be denied the right of the vote. This snarky little response of yours to my post about women in the military just reeks of hypocrisy and tongue-in-cheek patronisation. God help us all if the bulk of his followers are anything at all like yourself in mind and spirit, Lief.
At present, as far as I know I'm one of a kind.
Quote:
If there be a God, I hope he or she delivers us all from spiritual and social would-be terrorists such as you demonstrate yourself to be. I beg you to take a clear, hard, straight, honest look at the things you believe and wish to force upon the rest of the world whether they like, believe, need or want it themselves.
I'm not trying to use force of arms to push these ideas into government. If they were established in law, though, I think they should be enforced. Just to clarify that.

I have been looking very hard at these things I'm now talking about, and I hope I'm looking at them in a clear, straight and honest way. I know you believe I'm not, and I thank you for your warning.
Quote:
The God and Jesus I grew up knowing and studying is not a god of hate and intolerance and bigotry and judgement and hypocrisy. Can you even see this? Can you see? Jesus, the Jesus you believe in and hope to emulate, would be ashamed and horrified and deeply saddened by one of his followers being so destructively and shamefully waylaid in mind and spirit.
I don't know what to say to this.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote