Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #11
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
Where's your tolerance? I thought you espoused tolerance!
I do espouse tolerance. Which is why religious fanatics suck.

Quote:
*reads where IRex says, "Religious fanatics suck" and wonders why he is telling others to not join the WE HATE YOU crowd when it seems like he's already in it *
Just because you may suck doesnt necessarily mean I may hate you. Hatred is in no way connected to sucking. I suck at singing. Does that mean you should hate me?

Quote:
so we should let radical Muslims dictate to us?
We should not be so stupid as to purposefully antagonize an already dangerous situation. We should not further reinforce the potential for hatred and mistrust and anger in the muslim world by doing something we know will cause it when it isnt at all necessary. And we CERTAINLY shouldnt give fantastic ammunition to the very terrorists and extremists we are struggling against. I mean How preposterous a notion is that. Just because we dont poke the hornets nest with a stick doesnt mean we are letting the hornets "dictate to us". Did you think there was nothing wrong with flushing the Koran down the toilet either?

Quote:
I wonder if that would have done any good ... it sounds like a good idea ...
It sure couldnt have hurt. And I mean put yourself in their place. If someone just completely offended a core belief of yours and many others on a national level and you got mad and asked to meet with these people to at least discuss an apology and to make them more aware of just how offensive that was to you and how bad an idea it was to do (cause some of your friends are really quite unstable and easily angered and prone to violence...) and they said ha screw you or completely ignored you and then REPRINTED the same offensive material ALL OVER A CONTINENT I would imagine you would be pretty miffed. No?

Quote:
So should you NOT "feel disgust and anger" over the burnings?
You should feel whatever you feel. I was simply saying that was how I felt when I saw them. I still do. And THATS what so dangerous about this situation. That it is SO EASY to use it as a tool of division. Because the reactions on BOTH sides alienates the other side with equal furor it seems. So be careful of your knee jerk reaction to this. Dont think its illegitimate but be very careful... Look at the broad picture and use common sense.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."