Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2005, 06:31 PM   #11
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, spock i havent a clue what one for zero meant either.

is rohirrim right? ... that they actually won something in the last 100 years??

well, they did win the world cup and also the european championship .... does that count?

Nurv ..regarding men rioting ...these are mostly muslims ... perhaps that answers your question?

Lief - hello! long time .... mmm i think perhaps your french teacher maybe a tad biased ... but then why are third gen muslims not better integrated? this is the root of the rioting, that and racism ... and new draconian terror laws targeted at muslims and a secular state and general french arogance, and the reaction fueling resentment not dampening it ...

a report today on the radio in the uk said that somehting like 56% of UK indians went on to become professionals with careers and were upwardly mobile , against 32% from white working class families ... figures not exact btw - from memory ... interesting it said "indians' though not asians - i.e. including muslims ...

of course in the uk the majority of muslims are from pakistan .. and they have jointly brought us our national dish ...curry! ...and like cricket ... whereas in France they are largely from Algeria .... which i know little about.

Lotesse .... try 'actifed' or home-made chicken soup ... where the bones are boiled in the broth .... hope you feel better soon!

but anyway .... i am interested to know your thoughts on the french riots ...

what are your thoughts?

BTW martin luther king was a bit of a rarity, a one off, and the opression of the black community in the states as second class citizens even up to the 1960's was shameful ....

but in france today the encroaching ghettoisation and marginalisation is a different thing, in a different country - a secular state and in a different time with a group largely without a voice ....

anyway i'd like to know your thougths and what especially interests you about it.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote