Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2004, 06:01 PM   #1
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Ancient Cultures

Got this idea from a discussion that just arose in the Language-thread, which didn't really fit in there. I thought that since we all share a common love for LotR, it is natural that we also share a common love for "the good, brutal ol' days".

What do you think of the ancient cultures, like the romans, huns, vikings, native indians, ancient egyphtians, etc? Which one is to you the most interesting, most intriguing, etc? I'm no great historian (though I plan to be...some day ), so I'm hoping to learn a lot.

Just to start off, I've always been facinated by the Celts. A mystical people, of which we know very little (at least I don't). Is Julius "Julle" Caesar's claim that they were making human sacrifices regarded as a historical fact? How prominent were the Druids in their society?

(Just for the record, this is my first serious thread for ages )

(And I'm sorry if there is already a topic on this; I made a quick search but couldn't find anything)

Edits: Spelling errors, making the thread easier to read and added some comments

Last edited by Falagar : 01-12-2004 at 06:22 PM.
Falagar is offline   Reply With Quote