Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2003, 07:32 PM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Falagar
When we say terrorist, we are mostly refering to the suicide-bombers. But we never ask why these people blow themselves up. We just assume that they are evil people, who have probably done nothing else all their lives than planning how to hurt innocent people. We forget that they are, in fact, human. Many of them have perhaps lost their brother or father or son or daughter or mother or sister in the war. If someone kills your family or your friends, then you stop think rationally. You want revenge. You want them to suffer, as much as you or your friends have done.
Blowing yourself up is a small price to pay for the pain of your enemies.
Are you familiar with the Madrasas and the text books that they use in much of the Muslim world to teach the students? The Saudi Arabia text books stated that Jews and infidels were their enemies and were to be killed. This is in an elementary school text book that they use to teach the future generations. Only within the last year, from pressure from the US, has this been watered down. How many text books in western schools say to kill people? In the US there are NONE.

I'm not saying that they only teach hate - but a vast population is being taught by fanatical clerics who believe in the destruction of the west and israel. No matter what actions we take - it will be wrong - unless you want to conform to Islam.

No sane person defends Hitler or World War II Germany - but everyone seems willing to defend the Middle East and scream racism when these same things are stated about that part of the world. Hitler had youth camps that indoctrinated chridren into the nazi party - well the fanatical Islamic clerics have the Madrasa's for the same purpose. I see know difference - between Islamic fanatism and Nazi fanatism.

I have the Time Magazine article and I will quote some of the passages they quoted from the books that they found being used in the Saudi Arabian schools.
Quote:

And it's the same on the other side I guess, the difference being that the Israelis have an army with advanced weapons and use it as a tool to gain revenge instead of suicide-bombings.
The thing is the Israelis aren't seekign revenge - they're trying to capture and kill the bombers and terrorist groups. They're not purposely killing innocent people. As Radagast the Brown pointed out most of the social services including health for the Palestinians is paid for by Israel.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 10-17-2003 at 07:37 PM.