Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2003, 03:18 PM   #11
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Believe me - I don't have a gingoistic attitude. I guess I should just go along with what everyone else says on this board and say the US sucks. Then everyone will be happy and you can include me in your "enlightened" group. Yeah - right - like that'll happen. . I don't think you are any more enlightened - I think you just have a different opinion then me. But your opinion is NOT going to chaneg mine nor is your attitude.
nor do I have any desire to change your opinion. Like I said I just wanted to ask you some questions and you are notorious for assuming theres a motive behind it so I couched it several times with language stating that its just out of curiosity and there was no hidden trap behind it. And there isn’t. by the way I don’t think the US sucks. Nor do I consider myself at all “enlightened”. J

Quote:
Yeah - I'd like to see a European say something nice about the US. But then hell would freeze over.
I think Earniel just did.

Quote:
Why should it embarrass you? It didn't concern you whatsoever.
because it was such a horrible mindless knee jerk response and as an American I didn’t really see anything offensive with what he said. It all seemed pretty much reasonable. And then when you blew up in response I was really surprised.

Quote:
YOu would read my damn posts you would know that I don't support Israel in everything. I even stated it in this thread. But I think the Palestinians are more at fault.
well I read all your “damn posts” in this thread and I didn’t see one word about how Israel was also at fault in some things and I cant really follow you around in every thread reading all 5000+ of your posts in hopes of memorizing your opinion on all things.

Quote:
but looking at the REPEATED suicide bombings - what do you suggest Israel do?
no clue honestly. It’s a nasty situation and like I said both sides think they are right. But they could start by electing a prime minister (is that the term?) more open to dialogue and not as equally militant AGAINST the palastinians as some of the palastinians are against the Israelies. That might be a good first step. Course the last time we had one he got shot… by a jew.

Quote:
I think Israel is currently REACTING to the BLATANT hatred the Arabs have for Jews. If you don't see their hatred then you are truly blind.
I see hatred on both sides. And each side thinks they are “reacting”. Nothing will ever get accomplished with that kind of thinking don’t you agree?

Quote:
No -= I don't - but when Israel has retrained themselves - it back fires. What would you do - if grocery stores were being bombed here, if restaurants were being bombed, etc? Would you want the US to just sit down and talk to bin Ladin?
so then you are saying ALL the palastinians are the equivilant of Oshama? Or are you making the connection between bib ladin and Arafat? I don’t either of those comparisons really work as much as you may hate Arafat I don’t see him as the equivilant of a vicious mindless remorseless terrorist bent on some religious extremist vision of the annihilation of the US. I just see him as a rat trying to survive and get a little piece of the pie along the way. You can hate him for that but it’s a different thing.

Quote:
How long do the Palestinians need to stonewall peace before people stop blaming Israel?
like I said im of the impression that “the Palestinians” genuinely want peace. Which you seem to disagree with by this statement. Now put Arafat in there in place of “the Palestinians” and that can be more reasonably considered. Kind of like the “the Americans” blanket statements you so vehemently disagree with… hmmm…

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."