Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2003, 02:01 AM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:

A buncha nutcases that commited that evil act on 9/11 caused this country to unite and then call for arms against a common enemy, cant that too be applied? or is just unacceptable because they dont have the means to go about it without all the high tech gadgetry and their own flag?
The Arab world won't let israel live in peace - from the very beginning they have tried to eliminate them. It was Syria and Egpyt who attacked Israel - then when Israel won land in the war - they now cry that want it back. Don't play victim in the middle east. The Arab world was the aggressor against Israel.

If you want to go after israel- go after them - but don't purposely target innocent people. There is a big difference. We did not target civilians - unlike the palestinians.
Quote:

As for the changes, what do you mean? go to Iran and you will see that it really isnt as horrid as it has been portrayed. you can walk safely at nights on the street, very much so infact, talk with the people and have a nice time at the little cafes and what have you. i heard someone say about 'acid being thrown in womens face' adn what have you. maybe in Sudan or some REALLY third world place *cough*or saudi arabia *cough* that would happen, btu again you use the brush of "MIDDLE EAST" again.
I don't use the brush of the Middle east. But if Iran is all those things - then why aren't you there? You do have acid being thrown on womens faces - maybe not in Iran - but there was recently the case of the professor who was going to be executed for speaking out against radical Islam in IRAN. Sorry - but not my idea of a freedom loving place. Just my opinion though.
Quote:

Isnt Turkey part of that circle? (even thoughis is close to europe it still has been classified as middle east) they are quite prgressive and up to date. Lebenon? they have a nice system too.
What about them? I wouldn't consider Lebanon - which is a state which supports terrorism to be a model country for the Middle East. As for Turkey - Turkey is part of NATO and a US ally and is far more reformed and moderate than the rest of the Arab countries.
Quote:

The whole Humanitarian thing is pretty simple. How can you help anyone out of their problems when you are broke, near economic collapse, in debt after a war that was kinda foisted on you and just had your major money making facilities bombed to hell?
Why don't they teach something in their schools beside hate? Why in the text books does it teach that it is okay to kill Jews and infidels? In Saudi Arabia they have huge unemplyment - but 70% of the workers are form out of the country. Again you play victim as if it is the US who have bombed all your cities and stuff. Why is Saudi Arabia so poor (general population wise) They have no terrorism, their cities are intact. Again you play miss victim there.
Quote:

Does it matter what the Governments of a country do? Reach out to different faiths, well, if you go pretty much anywhere in Iran (i use this because this is what i am familiar with) and say 'i am an American and Christian, how do you do?' you will be greeted with much friendship and kindness. and you will have your rights respected. they wont force a Qu'ran in your face and say 'WE ARE RIGHT YOU ARENT, BURN IN HELL YOU SINNER!' just like if you go to certain southern churches, the preachers will spill out that type of fire and brimstoen shanagans, but you arent going there to listen to that.
Okay - then why in the Middle East must western newswomen wear scarves while reporting the news if they're so understanding? Islam isn't Diane Sawyers or Barbara Walter's religion - so why must they have to wear scarves?

BTW - I'm atheist so I think it's all a bunch of crap basically. I don't care if others believe - just don't look down on me for not believing or force your beliefs on me. More wars and fanticism has been the result of religion than anything else.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 10-16-2003 at 02:34 AM.