Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2003, 09:00 PM   #1
Balrog_of_Morgoth
Elven Warrior

TTT moments that irritate now, upon multiple viewings

Since we have discussed new favorite moments, I thought this would be necessary as well, because some things have begun to bother me that were fine upon the first viewing or two.

1) Gimli's irrelevence and comedy grate my nerves worse with each viewing (especially during the beginning of Helm's Deep)

2) The "dwarf toss" from the side door strikes me as very unrealistic. Aragorn and Gimli would have been slaughtered in very quick fashion pulling a stunt such as that.

3) The Uruk-Hai rock, but the regular orcs are beginning to strike me as amusing, not scary. The one that chases Merry and Pippen into Fanghorn is a good example.

4) When Aragorn keeps Theoden from killing Wormtongue, it seems cheesier with each viewing. In reality that guy would have been toast, but I do realize that pity and not dealing death and judgement are strong themes within the story.

5) I really hesitate to say this, but I will. Gandalf is my favorite character in the book and movie, but Ian's "speechisms" as Gandalf the White are bugging me. I feel like all his lines are beginning to sound the same. He adds "weight" to his words the same way with every bit of dialogue.

All this being said, I still love the movie. This is nitpicking.