Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2003, 02:51 PM   #1
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Short Essays

Hey!
Thought this would be a great idea if any of you would like to post short essays, summaries or whatever. But it should not be too lond (approx. 300 words).

I'll start then. It's an essay about my role models.
It's for school and we need about 200 words. I hope there are no mistakes. Tell me what you think. Please

My role model

I have to say that I don't have one special role model. It's more a combination of four or five persons. Usually I admire a part of a personality, which is the special thing of this very person.
First I adore Darren Hayes. You might not know him, but he once was the singer of the band Savage Garden. He is a role model of mine because of his gorgeous voice but even more because of his touching lyrics. He just writes and sings what I feel and think. It's amazing. And he does also charity work. I think that's a good thing to do for a celebrity.
Talking of charity brings me to my next role model. Mother Theresa. She was such an angel and gave up here live in order to help other people, that's awesome.
The third person I want to mention is – how could it not be that way – Albert Einstein. Maybe not himself but he as a stereotype for smart people. I admire such genius minds like he was one. It has to be such a great gift and not only did he have this gift, he used it in order to do something good. There are so many talented people in the world who just don't care about their talent or misuse it, that I'm glad to have a role model like Einstein.
Another absolutely gorgeous person is J.R.R. Tolkien. He writes in a way I never could and his words are so inspiring and just like poems. He has the gift of writing and I adore him so much.
Last but not least I have to say that I really adore these amazing human beings, but there are many other people in the world who are my role models and who deserve to be admired.

Last edited by Lalaith : 05-05-2003 at 02:53 PM.
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote