Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-13-2003, 12:27 PM   #1
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

David Blaine

I hope this is in the right Forum.

I was just wondering because i have heard loads of debates about this....

Do you think he is crazy for going in the glass box for 44 days and having nothing but water ?

What about the other things he has done like being burried alive and in ice?

Some of his tricks he does in the street are amazing but do you think he has taken things too far or hasn't he?
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 01:24 PM   #2
Sween
im quite stupid

Re: David Blaine

Quote:
Originally posted by Varda Oiolosseo
I hope this is in the right Forum.

I was just wondering because i have heard loads of debates about this....

Do you think he is crazy for going in the glass box for 44 days and having nothing but water ?

What about the other things he has done like being burried alive and in ice?

Some of his tricks he does in the street are amazing but do you think he has taken things too far or hasn't he?
Some of his card tricks are good but hes a bit of a weirdo. Are we supposed to be impressed with him not eating for 44 days? Its not a trick or a stunt its pointless! Humans as a genral rule could all manage to do it but all humans apart from him have the good sence not to!

I was watching soccer am this morning and they showed the clip of him when he was on GMTV hes a weirdo
Old 09-13-2003, 09:29 PM   #3
azalea
Long lost mooter

I think he's amazing. I don't know anything about his stunts you mentioned, but we used to watch him when we'd catch him on, and were always impressed w/ his tricks. Haven't seen him in a while, though. (Must've been in that box. )
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 05:36 PM   #4
Macka
Hobbit

I've seen a few specials on tv about him. He's a very freaky guy from what I've seen. Good card tricks and stuff, but he's just to strange.
In God we trust, In God we trust
The people of the nation let me hear you give a holler
In God we trust, In God we trust
We stamp it on our penny, nickel, dime, quarter, dollar
In God we trust, In God we trust"

~Pillar "Indivisible"
Macka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 08:40 PM   #5
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Well I never heard about his being in a glass box. That's really not daring or exciting in the very least.

For the most part though, I think he's an alright guy, who just enjoys that kind of crazy stuff. I have no problem with that. But it's his blasted producers or whoever does that stuff. Remember when they invented that story about his 'practicing' the tornado of fire trick until he passed out. First of all, how asre you supposed to practice a stunt like that. "Okay Dave. Stand there, and I'll keep flipping this switch on and off until you're sure you know what to do." That's a terrible publicity stunt and I hate those people.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:27 AM   #6
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
Well I never heard about his being in a glass box. That's really not daring or exciting in the very least.
Its really quite sad acctually. I think he expected people to support him like hes doing something really impressive. Instead we are chucking golf balls and everyones taking loads of food down there and eating in frount of him. He gets egged regually as well !

Just makes you want to sing god save the queen (so proud of my country men)
Old 09-15-2003, 04:57 PM   #7
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

On channel 4 site there is a daily update of how he is coping etc while he is in the

box.http://www.channel4.com/entertainmen...ine/index.html

Personally i think he's pretty stupid for going in the box and not eating. Some of the things that could happen to him i don't understand why he want's to it.
I repect him though and hope he's ok and nothing happens to him while he's in and some of his other stuff makes him amazing but he's a bit daft.

Old 09-16-2003, 09:07 PM   #8
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

thats not much of an accomplishment is it its more like humiliating yourself after ou fail cuz i know he isnt gonna make it. i mean he is a pretty cool magician and all but this is just stupid
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 10:01 AM   #9
sun-star
Lady of Letters

I don't see what the point of the box thing is. What's he trying to prove - how much he likes being the centre of attention? It's really stupid and not clever at all.

I'm almost tempted to go up to London and throw some eggs myself
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 04:26 PM   #10
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

DId you here about someone trying to cut off his water supply .
And then i also heard that someone was in a helicopter and hung a hamburger by his window.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:37 AM   #11
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
And then i also heard that someone was in a helicopter and hung a hamburger by his window.
HAHAHAHAHAHA thats hilarious...what a loser. seriously this is all an attention problem
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 03:33 AM   #12
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Quote:
Hahaha! I heard that it was a cheeseburger flown up on a remote control plane.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 09:51 AM   #13
Sween
im quite stupid

If it was for chairity i wouldnt mind! Cannot wait till he gets out and everyone just takes the piss out of him
Old 09-18-2003, 01:37 PM   #14
azalea
Long lost mooter

You people are mean! What's the big deal?
Old 09-18-2003, 01:58 PM   #15
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I heard about all of the ummm... inebriated () people heckling him. But you're not one of them, are you sween?

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 05:28 PM   #16
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
I heard about all of the ummm... inebriated () people heckling him. But you're not one of them, are you sween?
I unforntally live too far from london but if i did i wud go down and abuse him. My sis says she might go down. Actually you have to say fair play to the guy he likes to make people talk and gain publicity and he has infact done just that. Unfortnally we all this his stunts a bit well poor to be diplomatic
Old 09-30-2003, 05:55 PM   #17
Ianua
Hobbit

Lots of people been arrested for heckling him..or apprehended, including (shock! Horror!) Paul Mcartney...
I went down there the other day, and there were a fair few policmen hanging around...
My opinion on the whole thing is..It's just so bloody stupid!
They're wasting police time on something which isn't harming anyone, they could be catchingpeople who are actually doing something wrong. All that will happen to them is they'll get taken to the station for a few hours, cautioned, fined if they're VERY unlucky, and set free, wasting everyone's time. If the prat WANTS to hang himself in a box above the thames, he ought to expect things like that, but people just pander to him, he'll make over £1 million out of the publicity..
Nice work if you can get it, but I agree with sween, if he was doing it for charity, i'd support him, but since he's not...

I'll see you guys on Tower Bridge, don't forget your eggs
Her locks as yellow as gold,
Her skin was as white as leprosy,
The nightmare life-in-death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold
-Intrveiw with the vampire-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'I can resist everything exept temptation'- Oscar Wilde
Ianua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 01:17 PM   #18
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

lol hee hee

This was quite a while ago but i heard it wasn't actually going to do it for the original amount of time.
There is going to be some kinda set up and they are going to say he's really ill and start to lower but the chain holding him is going to snap and the glass box is going to fall into the Themes and everyone is going to think he got killed and then he is going to turn up again a few days later.

I heard a lot of different versions of this stunt it's getting out of hand.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:20 PM   #19
azalea
Long lost mooter

I happen to find it an interesting statement on human nature that so many people would behave that way to anyone who was just doing something he wanted to do. And everyone always talks about how people who want to be different than others, to dress differently and so on should be accepted, blah blah blah. It's all just gum flapping, people really hate people who are different or do different things -- this is just a big example of it. That people actually take time out of their lives to go down there and throw things or whatever. Give me a break. It's this type of thing that makes me cynical. Ianua, if the people weren't doing those things in the first place, the police wouldn't have their time taken up that way! You seem to blame it on everyone but the actual perpetrators! Those people need to read The Lord of the Flies with us, or Shirley Jackson's The Lottery, or something. But of course they wouldn't see themselves in it, they'd shake their heads and say tsk tsk, what evil people. They need to look in the mirror and see where the hate lies -- they need to look at themselves while they throw garbage and scream at him. It isn't funny, it's sad. If that's your idea of fun, I feel sorry for you. It reminds me of in high school when there was a fight and everyone would run over to look. I would always ignore it and continue what I was doing. Why do people take pleasure in causing others to suffer? Why do people take pleasure in watching the suffering and discomfort of others? If people like seeing that so much, they should put it to good use and go volunteer in a nursing home. Those people are suffering plenty, you should have a ball.
Sorry about the rant, but it just irritates me that people can be so intolerant.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:41 PM   #20
Ianua
Hobbit

Azalea: yes, the perpetrators desrve what they get, but i do feel that David is NOT just 'doing his own thing' i think he's doing this to make a lot of money, all of which will go to line his own pocket, if people bother to go and see him, buy newspapers with him in etc. He should at least give a little back by giving some to charity, if it wern't for people paying money for the publicity, he'd never be able to do this..
By the way, that statment on the end was a joke. I don't want to offend you, i was just saying what i think. If you choose to ignore this stunt entirley, that's your choice, and good for you.
Her locks as yellow as gold,
Her skin was as white as leprosy,
The nightmare life-in-death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold
-Intrveiw with the vampire-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'I can resist everything exept temptation'- Oscar Wilde
Ianua is offline   Reply With Quote