Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-05-2004, 12:10 PM   #1
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
Maybe (poem)

Author's Note; This is an unrhyming poem, and it is more of...a short journalistic essay more than a poem. But either way. I just wanted to post it. So...I shall.

Maybe

I want to know if there is a God? And if there is, how will we know until it's too late, until we're already dead, and we go to Hell or Heaven. What if there is no heaven or hell? what if when you die your spirit doesn't go to heaven, or hell, it just floats in the middle of a dark hallow space, and you can't hear anything, feel anything, or see anything...only darkness. I am wrought with despair over these things...it sucks to not know what will happen to you when you die. All you can think, do or say is maybe
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:40 PM   #2
Nimbrennil
Hobbit

That's Depressing

Mae Govannen,

True, but it's rather depressing. Good thing I know for SURE there IS a God, He DOES love me, I WILL go to Heaven, and NOT to Hell. There IS a Hell, and there IS a Heaven, there IS a God, and there IS a Satan.

That may be all I know, but it sure makes all the difference...

Namarie,
-Nimbrennil
Nimbrennil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:14 PM   #3
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

i think that's more of an essay, Lady A
yeah, that was depressing, but if you're not sure about the whole God thing (please see Religious Debate thread) then it's ojnly logical for you to ask those questions

it's an insite into human nature, when you think about it (in a way...)

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 06:23 AM   #4
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Death is scary on one hand, yet I am curious. What can one do but to believe or not believe. Depressing poem/essay, yet I've come to accept death, it isn't that scary
Old 04-06-2004, 03:24 PM   #5
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
I want to know if there is a God? And if there is, how will we know until it's too late, until we're already dead, and we go to Hell or Heaven. What if there is no heaven or hell? what if when you die your spirit doesn't go to heaven, or hell, it just floats in the middle of a dark hallow space, and you can't hear anything, feel anything, or see anything...only darkness. I am wrought with despair over these things...it sucks to not know what will happen to you when you die. All you can think, do or say is maybe
Essay for sure .

If you don't mind, I'd like to post a little 'poem-essay' of my own that I use when people ask me that question. I don't know if you're actually asking, but you reminded me of some people I've talked to before. Now keep in mind that this is the 'spirit' of the reply I use to people who don't believe/aren't sure.

If there is a God, and I'm right, then I've won; Eternal Heaven to rest upon. In my life, I see my God, a kind and loving, Immortal one. He keeps my faith, He holds my heart, He keeps my Soul from Fear and Dark.

But if I'm wrong, then nothing I've lost, I've won again, though no one will see. Because for me, if there's no eternity, then I won't be around to feel sad, for I won’t be around at all! But then again, if to limbo my soul is sent, then at least I had my time, of comfort and rest.

So either way, I've naught to loose, and God did say, "Blessed are those, who have not seen but believe in me still."

I'm afraid that last quote isn't quite correct, but the exact wording for it escapes me at the moment, and I'm going for the 'spirit' any ways.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 04:15 PM   #6
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I don't think it's fair to label is "poem" or "essay" - for me, neither term captures the essence of the work. I like "snippet" or "thought-bubble".

I also didn't take it as all that depressing. On one hand, it's difficult to take what is evidently a huge, broad issue and a question that's been asked to death (no pun intended) and cram it into a hundred words or less - but at the same time, that achieves a certain effect.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:59 AM   #7
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
This got quite a wide range of response I must say.
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote