Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-05-2001, 10:09 PM   #1
gdl96

I kicked bmilder's arse at Stratego!

Ha! Who would've expected that! I had the offensive the whole second half of the game basically!
Old 08-05-2001, 10:50 PM   #2
bmilder

Re: I kicked bmilder's arse at Stratego!

Lucky break .
Old 08-05-2001, 11:20 PM   #3
Darth Tater

I lost Stratego twice yesterday. I woulda won the second game but my friend changed his playing style totally for the first time ever
Old 08-05-2001, 11:34 PM   #4
bmilder

Stratego is awesome... so is Risk. And Greg conveniently leaves out the fact that I crushed him and Jae at Risk, and also at Scrabble, even though they were playing as a team against me .
Old 08-05-2001, 11:50 PM   #5
Darth Tater

I've never won a game of risk in my life. I'm currently playing two games, one against a priest and my sister, and one just with my sister (two player version). I'm losing both and my sister's never played before. I swear, though, it's luck. I know I know, Risk isn't a luck game, but I think you'd agree with me if you saw how she roles the dice
Old 08-06-2001, 01:54 AM   #6
gdl96

You didn't crush Jae and I in Scrabble. In fact, we agreed it was a tie!
Old 08-06-2001, 02:07 AM   #7
bmilder

Details

Anyway Risk does have large amount of luck, and the Risk cards can make huge shifts in power. Extremely bad luck has defeated my strategies in the past, but more often than not I triumph
Old 08-06-2001, 05:23 AM   #8
Manwe Sulimo

I must agree, Risk is cool... Haven't played it in years, though... I can never find anyone to play it with, all my friends just go "Oh, it takes so long" etc whenever I suggest it... :/

That other game, Stratego(?), I've never even heard of... is it similar to Risk?
Old 08-06-2001, 01:59 PM   #9
bmilder

Well, it's only similar in the strategic aspect.

Stratego is a bit like chess, except you only know the identities of your pieces. The identities of your opponent's pieces are a mystery until you encounter each other on the board, where both must reveal themselves and the higher-ranking piece kills the other piece. The eventual object is to locate and capture the opponent's flag before he does the same to you.
Old 08-06-2001, 04:09 PM   #10
webwizard333

monopoly is long too

I know some people who've had a game of Monopoly that's still going after 5 days!
Old 08-07-2001, 05:57 AM   #11
Manwe Sulimo

Re: monopoly is long too

Ben: okay, thanks for the explanation... sounds really confusing to me, but... it would probably be better if I saw it myself...

Webwizard: Hehe... I think that would be getting reather boring, but I know it can last long... haven't played that either in many years... :/

Anyone remember the Seinfeld episode when Kramer and Newman were playing Risk? :lol: