Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-15-2003, 07:36 AM   #1
Nimrodel_White_Lady
Hobbit

The Handmaid's Tale

Heya all! Right now, I am reading this Novel called "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margarate Atwood for my English Literature course in Sixth Form. I'm just wondering if any of you have heard of it... or perhaps read it? Just wanting opinions, though I have not completely finished it yet ^-^

"A red sun rises, blood has been spilt on this night"

Arrr to the Elven Pirate... savvy?

Arrr ye be a muppet -------> =0
Nimrodel_White_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 12:16 PM   #2
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Tell me what you think when you're finished, actually. I'm thinking of catching up on my Atwood (I've only read some of her really old stuff) and I'm not sure whether I should start with Alias Grace, A Handmaid's Tale or The Blind Assassin.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 11:35 AM   #3
Percy Weasley
Enting

Brilliant book - makes some poignant observations of human psychology, and our will to be free even under the strictest and most terrible oppression.

This should be required reading in all schools, especially for women, and those who believe that church and state should not be seperate...

~~~~~~~~

Howard Dean in 2004!
Percy Weasley is offline   Reply With Quote