Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-17-2002, 03:59 PM   #1
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

What should we, the US, do with the remains of the terrorists?

Well the US government has identified 9 of the terrorists' remains from the Pentagon and the plane that crashed into Pennsylvania.

The governments or families of the perpetrators don't seem to be in too much of a hurry to come and claim them. And it will be up to the US government to either store them away forever, bury them, or throw them in the garbage where they belong. Do we want our tax money going to store these pieces of flesh of people that killed 3,000 americans? Do they deserve any respect after what they did? Hey for all we know they may be up there with 72 virgins (doubt it) - so what does it matter.

I think we should send the remains to US aquariums and zoos and use them as food for the animals and fish. There probably isn't much left though. We can use them as fertilizer maybe. Maybe they can be just sprinkled in the cement of a walkway leading up to the many memorials for the victims - that way Americans can have the satisfaction of walking all over them. I could probably get a lot of exercise just walking back and forth on top of them.

What do you think is a fitting way of getting rid of these remains would be?

One person whose wife died in the Pentagon attack said -
Quote:
"I think in Islam, you're supposed to be buried whole, so I would take them and scatter them all over the place," said Donn Marshall, whose wife, Shelley, died at the Pentagon. "They don't deserve any kind of religious courtesies."

Feds Hold 9/11 Hijackers' Remains

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 04:31 PM   #2
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Act with maturity, don't stoop to their level. Inter them in an unmarked mass grave.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:35 PM   #3
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Act with maturity, don't stoop to their level. Inter them in an unmarked mass grave.
I am acting with maturity - they deserve NO respect or honor in my eyes. Instead of a mass grave though - we can throw them into the ocean - or maybe just use them to feed the seagulls.

We can use them to feed our national bird the Bald Eagle. Wouldn't that be a symbolic message to have them eaten by the bird that represents America.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 08-17-2002 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:39 PM   #4
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Exactly. They don't even deserve the energy it takes to plot revenge on them. Better to rankle them by obliterating their memories in an anonymous hole, than to have them endeared to our memory in some block of concrete. Nothing could be more insulting to them.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:41 PM   #5
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

I'm against death penalty, so I vote for the use of your tax money.
But then, I live in a small, peaceful country up north, far from the US, where we haven't experienced any terrorist attacks and therefore do not fear them.
In other words, I don't agree with you, but I understand your feelings.

Edit: Sorry, I just discovered you were talking about the remains of the terrorists. Just ignore me, hasty enting.

Last edited by Artanis : 08-17-2002 at 04:47 PM.
Artanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 04:44 PM   #6
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
I'm against death penalty, so I vote for the use of your tax money.
But then, I live in a small, peaceful country up north, far from the US, where we haven't experienced any terrorist attacks and therefore do not fear them.
In other words, I don't agree with you, but I understand your feelings.
What does this have to do with the death penalty at all???? They're dead - they killed themselves along with over 3,000 Americans by crashing FOUR planes into 3 different buildings and one into a field in Pennsylvania. By the way - we're generally a peaceful country too - in case you're implying we're not.

I am gald that you added the line "don't agee with you, but I understand you feelings." I wasn't talking about the terrorist that we're capturing though. I'm talking about the dead scum that took our own planes and killed 3,000 innocent people inside of 2 hours.

By the way - I doubt the mass grave would stay unknown for long - someone would talk. Then it wouldn't be long before there was a long line of Americans waiting to just piss on their graves or desecrate them in some form. So my suggestions are probably better in the long run.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 08-17-2002 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:49 PM   #7
Artanis

JD, please see my previous post, I used the edit button.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:56 PM   #8
jerseydevil

Quote:
Edit: Sorry, I just discovered you were talking about the remains of the terrorists. Just ignore me, hasty enting.
Thanks. Sorry I came across a little harsh in my reply. The Twin Towers are a little bit close for me - so this whole thing is bit personal. I've never hated anyone in my life, but there is no denying the fact that I hate them.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 08-17-2002 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-17-2002, 05:02 PM   #9
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Well, I don't love them either, but I couldn't just throw them in any old place.

Remember: Justice is just a fancy word for Vengeance.

I would just bury them in unmarked graves. I couldn't defile anyone's remains.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 08-17-2002 at 05:06 PM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 05:10 PM   #10
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Rána Eressëa

Remember: Justice is just a fancy word for Vengeance.
I don't agree that Justice is a fancy word for vengence. If we didn't have laws that had consequences - why would people follow them. You're looking at anarchy then.

I do agree that my suggestions are vengefully motivated - which is entirely different than if I was seeking justice. I'm seeking less than what someone feels when they see a dead animal in the middle of the road basically.

I'll calm down after a while - but there would be a huge outcry if the government decides to be politically correct and bury the remains according to Islamic customs.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 08-17-2002, 05:18 PM   #11
Artanis

It's OK JD, no offence taken.
Quote:
By the way - we're generally a peaceful country too - in case you're implying we're not.
Just to clear this up: You're reading me wrong. That's not what I meant. I meant peaceful in the sense that it is a small country in a corner of the world, and that people have never really experienced fear and can't imagine how they would feel if a terrorist attack should occur here.

Quote:
I've never hated anyone in my life, but there is no denying the fact that I hate them.
I figured that out from your posts. Revenge may have a good taste, but ... feeding them to the animals? That's too barbaric, even in this case.
Anyway, I go for the mass grave thing. As for the Islamic burial, they are not 'whole', are they? So it would be impossible to do it, even if you wished to.
Old 08-17-2002, 05:27 PM   #12
jerseydevil

Quote:
As for the Islamic burial, they are not 'whole', are they? So it would be impossible to do it, even if you wished to.
I'm not sure - because they manage to have burials for suicide bombers - and they're definitely not whole. So I'm not sure how that works. Oh - and my Anti-American/American Bashing radar was just set too high. Sorry.

Actually - my personal burial wish at the moment is to be cremated and spinkled in my favorite places - the Jersey Shore, Princeton and the summit of Mt Hood in Oregon. That's for myself - not the terrorists obviously.

I don't want to give the terrorists a human burial. Like I said I'll probably calm down after a while. Can't we just throw them out with the garbage? Their families aren't even claiming them.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 08-17-2002 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-17-2002, 05:41 PM   #13
Faramir
Elven Warrior

That third paragraph in your first post is music to my ears, JD. But they're not good enough to be fertilizer donch know?
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
==========================
I Love Jesus!

Last edited by Faramir : 08-17-2002 at 11:05 PM.
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 06:22 PM   #14
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Faramir - I think you misunderstood the question - read JD's first post.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 06:22 PM   #15
Sween
im quite stupid

Ok hate to have a go at your national pride indeed these men did evils things but you should respect the remains of the dead its just the right and proper thing to do no matter how bitter a pill it is to swallow. the US should send them to Afganistan and Just adress them Osama Bin lardin Afganistan see if he comes and honors people im sure he sees as heros. If he collects them mail then bam kill him dead.

Show what a coward he is and america would come out as the bigger and better man.
Old 08-17-2002, 06:43 PM   #16
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Quote:
What does this have to do with the death penalty at all???? They're dead - they killed themselves along with over 3,000 Americans by crashing FOUR planes into 3 different buildings and one into a field in Pennsylvania. By the way - we're generally a peaceful country too - in case you're implying we're not.
Sorry to nitpick but it there wasn't just Americans killed in those attacks.

Whenever a terrorist dies in Northern Ireland, they are always seen by their supporters as great heroes for 'The Cause', they are seen as martyrs, freedom fighters etc despite their evil acts. They are then given an extragant terrorist funeral with a 21-gun salute and so forth, breeding more hatred for the enemy. This kind of thing will happen should America send their remains back home.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 06:47 PM   #17
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Comic Book Guy

Sorry to nitpick but it there wasn't just Americans killed in those attacks.

Whenever a terrorist dies in Northern Ireland, they are always seen by their supporters as great heroes for 'The Cause', they are seen as martyrs, freedom fighters etc despite their evil acts. They are then given an extragant terrorist funeral with a 21-gun salute and so forth, breeding more hatred for the enemy. This kind of thing will happen should America send their remains back home.
Uve a point and been from northan ireland you definally know your stuff. But i just fele its the right thing to do sending them bk. And whats more demaging sending them back and been the mature and responiable nation or refusing to and upsetting a lot of allrey mad afganies.
Old 08-17-2002, 06:51 PM   #18
Khadrane
Elf Lord

I don't know what to do with the remains, but we shouldn't store them or give them a decent burial. JD's ideas sound pretty good.

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 06:58 PM   #19
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Khadrane
I don't know what to do with the remains, but we shouldn't store them or give them a decent burial. JD's ideas sound pretty good.
JD idea is stupid im sorry. Im trying to avoid america bashing but if you go round acting like that it does nothing but support why the afgans dont like you (and a lot of the rest of the world).

I can see why this is a difficult issue for you. Your nation has never faced an attack before really and your not sure how to deal with it. In england we are used to people having a pop and over the years have lost the lives of thousands upon thousands of Britians in the battle of britian. Its character building and we didnt stoop the the Nazis level because we knew were were better and you my american friends are better than stooping to the level of petty gestures of insolance against evil people. Forgivness is a great thing to have.
Old 08-17-2002, 07:14 PM   #20
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Flush them down some toilets!
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote