Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-15-2003, 09:30 AM   #1
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Costumes...

In honor of the final installment of LOTR, I will go to the tehatre in costume...I have decided to go as an elf, complete with elf ears and all.

Is anybody else going to dress up in Middle-Earthian garb? And if so, what will you be going as?
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 09:38 AM   #2
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

I've almost convinced my fiance to dress up as Feanor and me as Arien of course! no one would know who we were except true Tolkien fans!!!....I'm seriously considering it!
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 09:44 AM   #3
Valaróma
Banned

Not really.

But I'm going to wear my beloved ring and its silver chain around my neck on show
Valaróma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 05:01 PM   #4
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

I am definately going in a complete costume I'm not going as anyone in particular, just an elf. I already have the perfect Lorien cloak and one of the 3 rings (Narya). I'm going to make a dress as well and buy pointy ears if I can find good ones! I have a staff as well that looks exactly like Gandalf the Grey's, but I don't know if they'll let me bring it in the theater??? (I can see it now: You wouldn't part a poor young girl from her walking stick? )

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 09:27 PM   #5
Leah
Sapling

I might...... I don't think I'd go in full costume, but I've got a pair of elf ears, so I might wear those, and then just normale clothes..... but if I manage to make a cloak that is somewhat authentic (if it actually looks like one of the cloaks of Lorien) then maybe I will wear that too.
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 10:33 PM   #6
cee2lee2
Elf Lord

Not in costume but I will wear my elven brooch.
cee2lee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 04:44 AM   #7
Salquënòrëwen
Elven Warrior

I think I am. I'm making an Eowyn costume (the white dress), and I'll probably wear that, and my ring.
Salquënòrëwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 09:59 AM   #8
Elf Girl
Lurker

I would like to suggest that those going as Elves do not wear pointy ears.

If I go at all, I will wear a cloak with a low hood that covers my eyes, to spare me the torment! *shivers*
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 04:47 PM   #9
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

I REALLY WANT TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole thing for me was to dress up the first day it's out but i'm going straight from school and i have to wear school uniform so it's gonna be really difficult coz we have loads of books and that to carry.
I will try though because i hav made a really nice elven dress and it's gorgeous but i need to find some ears and i'm making a cloak.

I'm getting all excited.
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 06:59 PM   #10
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

You can just get some ears when Halloween rolls around Or you can buy some online for like, five bucks.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 08-17-2003, 08:22 AM   #11
Elf Girl
Lurker

Nooooo! Do not wear pointy ears! Elves do not have pointy ears!

If you are going as a hobbit, you could wear slightly pointed ears, but not ridiculous things like in the movie.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 01:39 PM   #12
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

But I like pointy ears All of my relatives on my dad's side have naturally pointy ears and I missed the gene for it, so I should at least get them for one night!

Old 08-17-2003, 02:39 PM   #13
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreran the Green
(I can see it now: You wouldn't part a poor young girl from her walking stick? )
take me with you!
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 03:46 PM   #14
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

I could never go into public again ... not in this small town. But I'd love to dress if I had the chance to watch the movie in a bigger city.

I have wanted the white Èowyn dress for so long.
Old 08-17-2003, 03:55 PM   #15
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

Quote:
I have wanted the white Èowyn dress for so long.
I have always wanted that dress! I made 2 dresses! 1 very similar to that and another more elven dress which i am planning to wear! I live in a big city so hopefully i can just hide in with the rest of the people dressed up.
Old 08-17-2003, 03:57 PM   #16
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by Varda Oiolosseo
I have always wanted that dress! I made 2 dresses! 1 very similar to that and another more elven dress which i am planning to wear! I live in a big city so hopefully i can just hide in with the rest of the people dressed up.
I isn't just the dressing. It's the flair. In the bigger cities you have the chance to celebrate it ... but here there is one freak (that would be me) and the rest of the cinema is full of usual, not-so-impressed people. Frustrating.

You made it yourself? I could ask my Godmother to make me the Èowyn dress. She would have made it for my Prom, but now I want her to make another one.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:05 PM   #17
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

Quote:
I isn't just the dressing. It's the flair. In the bigger cities you have the chance to celebrate it ... but here there is one freak (that would be me) and the rest of the cinema is full of usual, not-so-impressed people. Frustrating.
I'd try and mingle in a bit i wouldn't be as mad as my 2 friends i'm the shy one out of us all.
when we went to see TTT for the first time, when Haldir died we gasped in shock and horror and they told us to shut up and all we did was "huh!" and it was like on our breath so i was shocked they even heard us.
These 2 kids came dressed as Hobbits and a lot of people looked less than impressed and some people were quite mean about it.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:11 PM   #18
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
I'd try and mingle in a bit i wouldn't be as mad as my 2 friends i'm the shy one out of us all.
when we went to see TTT for the first time, when Haldir died we gasped in shock and horror and they told us to shut up and all we did was "huh!" and it was like on our breath so i was shocked they even heard us.
These 2 kids came dressed as Hobbits and a lot of people looked less than impressed and some people were quite mean about it.
As Hobbits? How cute.
I hate these mean people who always judge and give bad comments. The should rather shut up.
But we, the true fans, will always be considered to be crazy.

When I saw TTT for the second time (this time in a bigger theatre) I was always laughing at the good scenes. But I was the only one laughing. That was so embarrassing.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:21 PM   #19
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

lol!
When i went to see TTT for like the 100th time i was laughing and was the only one and my gran kept getting confused and she was like "whos' that?"
so i'd say "That's Faramir, Boromir , you know Sean Bean, well it's his brother"
and then i'd hear someone at the back saying "that girl at the front said it's Boromir's brother " and then "oh"

lol it was so funny! It was all the way through no matter how quite i was.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:23 PM   #20
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
lol!
When i went to see TTT for like the 100th time i was laughing and was the only one and my gran kept getting confused and she was like "whos' that?"
so i'd say "That's Faramir, Boromir , you know Sean Bean, well it's his brother"
and then i'd hear someone at the back saying "that girl at the front said it's Boromir's brother " and then "oh"

lol it was so funny! It was all the way through no matter how quite i was.
lol
I was watching it with my cousin. Always telling him everyting. And always "Now, look ... isn't that great" then I got really excited when we saw Èowyns dress.

When I saw FotR for the second time I was always jumping up or giggling when I saw Orlando. But I felt stupid because nobody else was so excited and had so much fun watching it. I was the only real fan.