Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-17-2002, 10:42 AM   #1
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

South Park Spoof: Fellowship

Did anyone else see this week's South Park which took a poke at Lord of the Rings movie? The kids were on a quest to return the video of LotR to the Blockbuster in Conifer. [I live about 100 miles from where Soouth Park is supposedly based, and have been up Kenosha Pass and through Bailey.]

Funniest bits? Unmentionable in current forum.

Funniest spoof bits? Butters as "Gollum" wrestling Kyle as Kyle tries to drop the video into the drop slot, Jimmy as Gandalf stuttering "You shall not p-p-p-p-p....You shall n-n-n-ot p-p-p-p-p...." and then gettign run over by the sixth graders, the scene where the boys hide under the root of the tree and the sixth grader on the bike is sniffing for them, and, of course, the council scene, and the part where Clyde talks about the new extended version which has 12 hours of additional footage.....

If any of you folks missed it, I HIGHLY recommend it, you will laugh your arses off!
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.

Last edited by bropous : 11-17-2002 at 10:44 AM.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 05:25 PM   #2
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

Hmm, I don't normally watch South Park, but I wouldn't mind seeing a spoof of LotR. Sounds funny.

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 12:57 AM   #3
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Yeah, and I'll bet we won't get it 'til next year. Stupid NZ being behind everyone else. *fumes*
Old 11-18-2002, 01:57 AM   #4
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

So, um, I guess borimir is played by kenny?
Old 11-18-2002, 10:11 AM   #5
viggosbeard
Elven Warrior

whats south park ?
And your ride home
You cant avoid her
Shes in the air
In between molecules
Of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide
Only in dreams
viggosbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 10:29 AM   #6
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Just skip this post....
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.

Last edited by bropous : 11-18-2002 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:31 AM   #7
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Hmmmm....maybe they don't have South Park in wirral...

There are actually two South Parks:

1. South Park is the largest of the three major intermontaine valleys in Colorado, USA. It is bounded to the west by the Sawatch Range (the largest contiguous area of land over 10,000ft in altitute in the continental United States), to the South by the Sangre de Cristo Range, to the west by the Front Range, and to the North by an extension of the Gore Range. Down its center marches the southern end of the Ten Mile/Mosquito Range, which is an extension of the Gore Range. The soils in the valley are over 6,000ft thick with glacial moraine and alluvial fans, and bison, antelope and other herd animals range throughout the "park" [valley]. The other two large intermontaine valleys are North Park and Middle Park.

2. "South Park" is an animated, politically non-correct television series by Matt Stone and Trey Parker which shows in the US on Comedy Central. It is a wickedly funny, biting satire based on the lives of a group of foul-mouthed fourth-graders who live in a mythical mountain town in Colorado called "South Park". There is no actual town called South Park, but from hints dropped in the episodes through the years, it seems the show is supposedly based on a SCARY little town called "Alma" which is on the highway leading up Hoosier Pass to the Breckenridge ski areas. It shows each Wednesday night at 8:00 US Mountain Time.

However, if your query was a rhetorical question, please disregard all previous.

BTW, Wayfarer, Kenny is dead for good now, and his soul is trapped in Eric Cartman's body [of course there is plenty of room in there for two!]

Last edited by bropous : 11-18-2002 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-18-2002, 02:22 PM   #8
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Is that so? I don't subscribe to cemady control anymore.

Last edited by Wayfarer : 11-19-2002 at 09:03 PM.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 11:30 PM   #9
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Oooh, I love South Park, but I suppose BoP is right and we will have to wait till next year. I have read at other forums that people were offended by this parody. It really doesn't bother me - it's just a bit of fun. I just saw a new episode last night - where the kids and parents are stuck at Aspen.

Oh my god, you killed Boromir, you b*****ds.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:00 PM   #10
gdl96
the greg the admin

If you don't watch South Park, you're going to have a bad time!

Anyway, this episode was very funny. bropus mentioned some of the funniest scenes in the episode. I also like that part when Jimmy is trying to tell the parents that the kids went to the video s-s-s-store.

I also liked that one of my favorite South Park characters was also one of my favorite LOTR characters in this episode. (Butters as Gollum)

Backyard Sluts 9!
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 09:39 PM   #11
Lollypopgurl
Elven Warrior

I don't usually watch that show, but I really want to see this one!!!!

Too bad it's past...
Old 11-20-2002, 10:31 AM   #12
viggosbeard
Elven Warrior

i promise to never joke on line again
And your ride home
You cant avoid her
Shes in the air
In between molecules
Of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide
Only in dreams
viggosbeard is offline   Reply With Quote