Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2003, 12:13 AM   #1
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Little annoyances...

Are there any petty, insignificant things which annoy you far more than they should.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 12:15 AM   #2
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Traffic, plain and simple. I *BEEPING* hate sitting in traffic. Here in DC the traffic is horrible, there are too many damn people living here and crammed into such a small area. I live 15 minutes from my office at work and it takes me at least an hour to get there!!!

The traffic here has annoyed me so much that I am moving (seriously)
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 12:19 AM   #3
Gwaimir Windgem

I wouldn't really call that petty. I mean, time is valuable; time lost is LOST.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-03-2003, 12:20 AM   #4
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i hate it when people breath loud i cant stand it i just want to punch them in the face
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 12:25 AM   #5
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

hehehehe........if you only knew (thank goodness this forum is pg-13)

*shakes head*

My life is..............interesting at the mo'

Beatallica

Last edited by Coney : 04-03-2003 at 12:28 AM.
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 12:46 AM   #6
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

things that annoy me....i'll try to think of some.....just thought of some!

when people always have to hug you, when people talk about every little detail of their day really loud to where even though they're not talking to you, you can't escape , when people talk too much, when people talk too much about themselves, flirty-bone thin girls, when people breathe too loud, when people laugh toooo much, all those little gnats and skeetos that fly around all spring, when people don't listen to me,when people ignore me, clothes stores, a dirty house, an unmowed 'yard', i'd go on but i don't want to be annoying
Old 04-03-2003, 12:54 AM   #7
Gwaimir Windgem

I know what you mean, Elven. I accidentally picked up a less intellectual contact from a LOTR trivia chat (No-one on the moot, course; no such thing as less intellectual! ) He/she often IMs me, with nothing to say (often verifying my lack of interest in a certain subject, and then talking about it). Of course, I don't want to just say, "Bugger off, leave me alone!" And the worst is, he/she has at least two ID's, I don't know if there are more, so I can't block. O, and proper English, capitalisation, and reasonable grammar are non-existent.

For some reason, misspelling certain stuff really bugs me. Like Gimili. I cannot stand "Gimili". Gandolf also annoys me, though not as much. And to a vastly lesser extent, Gwaimer. Elbereth above, I'm petty and picky.

Anyone else annoyed by chat-speak and other forms of disregard for the proper use of the English language?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-03-2003, 12:59 AM   #8
Gwaimir Windgem

And not such a big thing, but I do find it a bit aggravating when females use the actual name of a male. I mean, samwiselvr, legolaslvr, it's easy to tell. But when they actually use just the name of the male? You can't bloody well tell if it's a guy or a girl!

Except samwise of the shire. For some reason I never had that problem with her.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-03-2003, 01:08 AM   #9
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
i hate it when people breath loud i cant stand it i just want to punch them in the face
OMG I know! And what is just as bad is when people eat loud and you hear all the juices in their mouth, ugh I HATE that!
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 04-03-2003, 01:10 AM   #10
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
And not such a big thing, but I do find it a bit aggravating when females use the actual name of a male. I mean, samwiselvr, legolaslvr, it's easy to tell. But when they actually use just the name of the male? You can't bloody well tell if it's a guy or a girl!

Except samwise of the shire. For some reason I never had that problem with her.
just so ya know if ya don't already, I'm a girl. and my friend made this account thingy and then let me use it, so i didn't come up with Elven Archer.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:19 AM   #11
Gwaimir Windgem

O, don't worry, I knew about you.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-03-2003, 01:35 AM   #12
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

I think it's annoying when people are "close talkers"...ohhh that bugs me! Also, when people breath loud. I have to many annoyances to list in a civilized fashion!
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 01:57 AM   #13
Orion
Enting

People who talk loudly to their mobile phones in the bus annoy me, especially if they are little kids who are bragging how much they have been drinking last weekend and how drunk they got..
Old 04-03-2003, 02:22 AM   #14
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
hehehehe........if you only knew (thank goodness this forum is pg-13)

*shakes head*

Yeah - we know! (At least I do - obviously depending if we're talking about the same interesting thing?) All that shaking can be mightely misconstrued mister............'specially if you mean what I think you mean to mean But how does it make it to this particular thread?

A pet annoyance for me is people who sneeze really loud (like they're gonna bring the house down)

Edit - Coney nevermind hun I get it Missed the entire breathing thing. (I suddenly had this urge to call ye Boney Coney - don't ask why, at least it's better than what the twins call ye )

Last edited by Baby-K : 04-03-2003 at 04:39 AM.
Baby-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 02:47 AM   #15
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I just posted on this over in the Phrase thread, but it really should go here -

I don't like when people turn off the little "show name" option thingy so their name doesn't show up on the home page of Entmoot! (I know, that's really a thing with me, isn't it, Lizra? ) Pleeez, Baby-K, turn it back on!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 02:49 AM   #16
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
What's up, Coney? Are you a fugitive rabbit hiding from justice in a secret bunny hole?

ps - how's the stomachache?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 04-03-2003, 02:51 AM   #17
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
I don't like when people turn off the little "show name" option thingy so their name doesn't show up on the home page of Entmoot! (I know, that's really a thing with me, isn't it, Lizra? ) Pleeez, Baby-K, turn it back on!
I'm here - I promise! But I posted my reply in the phrase thread
Old 04-03-2003, 02:56 AM   #18
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
I'm here - I promise! But I posted my reply in the phrase thread
But you can always change your mind! After all, you're a woman! You're OBLIGATED to change your mind!

Old 04-03-2003, 02:58 AM   #19
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by R*an
But you can always change your mind! After all, you're a woman! You're OBLIGATED to change your mind!
And for one day only I have decided to conform & do the obligatory thing! Big change for me ye know

*baby steps, baby steps*
Old 04-03-2003, 03:00 AM   #20
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by R*an
Thanks for adding that little annoyance Rian

--Linaewen