Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-09-2003, 12:16 PM   #1
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Christmas Memories

There seems to be a lot of discussion about Christmas, so I thought I'd start this.

Just wondering if you have any fond memories that makes Christmas special for you.

One tradition my sister and I used to do.....well still do is wake up early Christmas morning usually around 3 or 4, because we were always too excited to sleep. We'd look at what we got in our stockings, then we'd go through everyone else's. Then we watch a Christmas movie and sit by the fire until the rest of the house woke up to open the other presents.

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 05:00 PM   #2
gdl96
the greg the admin

It's national Jews go to the Movies Day for me.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 07:04 PM   #3
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Well I hope you enjoy your movies then.

Maybe the name should be changed to include all winter holidays.

Old 12-11-2003, 03:58 PM   #4
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Well, this isn't mine, but it's a great story...

A guy I know told me about one year when they were decorating their Christmas tree. They had four kids: girl-boy-girl-boy. The oldest girl was a teen-ager, and she always wanted everything 'just so'. So sure enough, she's sort of directing things, as to what ornaments go where, trying to get a nice, balanced, 'perfect' look.

Meanwhile, the youngest boy - I imagine maybe 3 or 4 at the time, had started making trips back-and-forth between the Christmas tree and where the ornaments were sitting. Without anyone else noticing (while they were cooking up their 'grand scheme' ) he was taking ornaments and putting them all in the same place. He was a little guy so they were all down low and to one side.

Finally, everyone else noticed what he had done. Most of the ornaments were used up, the rest of the tree was in perfect harmony and balance (if still a bit bare) and all these other decorations were bunched up in one section. Naturally, his oldest sister got upset, and wanted to take all those ornaments off and re-do it.

The great part of the story is that the dad said 'no' and let things stay as they were... so that little Michael's decorating spree was reflected by their Christmas tree!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 06:43 PM   #5
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

hehe cute story

One year I was about six and I had wanted this stuffed animal for Christmas; my sister was about three and wanted the exact same thing. We woke up early Christmas morning and she found one present that was for her. She ripped it open to find it to be the stuffed animal. She then found an identical sized box that was for me, rips it open and says "Look you got the same as me!"

At the time I was a bit upset at not being able to open my own gift, but now I find the story hilarious.

Old 12-11-2003, 07:13 PM   #6
Ruinel
Banned

Christmas memories: yyyyyyyeah, nevermind.

Last edited by Ruinel : 12-12-2003 at 01:24 AM.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 07:18 PM   #7
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
Christmas memories: yyyyyyyeah, nevermind.
Hmmm... I guess not all holiday memories are pleasant ones. Imagine that'd be hard when it rolls around each year.

Last edited by Valandil : 12-12-2003 at 01:28 AM.
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 10:23 AM   #8
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
yeah most good xmas memories for me are of wondering the house in my dressing gown opening pressies trying on new clothes playing new games and generally having fun.
only had one disastrous xmas. we went skiiing in the french alps. It was christmas eve and we were going down the last slop down to the chalet. it was a red slope which i can do fine but it was really foggy. half way down i fell and ruptured a ligament in my right knee. i had to be taken down in a bloodwagon to the miny hospital in meribel. i was seen striaght away and they x-rayed me. i was out in half an hour with my leg in plaster though. the ambulance took me and my mum back to the chalet where the ambulance resultedly got stuck in the snow and had no snow chains!!! twas terrible and i had to stay on the couch fr the rest of the oliday which was only a couple of days. but me and my mum had to get a diff flight back to england than my dad, bro and sis. we got back home before them but they had the keys!! it was a nightmare!

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Hanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 12:45 PM   #9
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

yikes! Doesn't sound like the best holiday But good to here you're ok.

question- what would a red slope be?