Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-03-2006, 09:44 AM   #1
Desperado_51
Hobbit

Hobbies!

Im kinda new at this site so i wanted to get to know everyone better. My hobbies are basket-ball, Warhammer 40,000, swimming, working out and thats it. boring life for me huh? lol please tell me your hobbies.

lata
Desperado_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:49 AM   #2
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
I have lots of hobbies but two of them are Warhammer and LOTR figures.
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:19 AM   #3
Desperado_51
Hobbit

Warhammer

You like Warhammer too? Awesome! Do you like the 40K or the Fantsy or the Lord of the Rings version? Right now im doing 40K. and later im going to start Fantasy by getting a Fantasy set.

Last edited by Desperado_51 : 01-03-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Hobbies? Hobbies? Who has time for Hobbies?
Old 01-04-2006, 05:15 PM   #5
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Hobbies? Hobbies? Who has time for Hobbies?
Beats me. I sure dont anymore. Just thing that I do.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:10 AM   #6
Desperado_51
Hobbit

i have time for hobbies
Old 01-09-2006, 01:02 PM   #7
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado_51
You like Warhammer too? Awesome! Do you like the 40K or the Fantsy or the Lord of the Rings version? Right now im doing 40K. and later im going to start Fantasy by getting a Fantasy set.
I like Lord of the rings (LOTR) and Fantasy
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #8
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

well LOTR and SW might be counted as hobbies. and I team rope thats a sport so I think it counts as a hobbie.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:57 PM   #9
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
well LOTR and SW might be counted as hobbies. and I team rope thats a sport so I think it counts as a hobbie.
Explain team rope Never heard of it before.

My hobbies are most things video games. Everything from playing to discussion, reviews and commentary.

Seasonal hobbies are snowboarding in the winter and BMX biking in the warmer months. Plus whatever hockey leagues I can get into throughout the year, time and money permitting.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #10
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

are you the header or the heeler, R TR?

(team roping, if it's what I think he means, is when two people on a horse rope a calf - the header ropes the head first, then the heeler ropes the rear legs. It's a timed sport.)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:04 AM   #11
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an

(team roping, if it's what I think he means, is when two people on a horse rope a calf - the header ropes the head first, then the heeler ropes the rear legs. It's a timed sport.)
I figured it must be something like that. Just couldn't understand the team part.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #12
rohirrim TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
are you the header or the heeler, R TR?

I do both, but I head mostly, I don't really have a heel horse though I am training a filly that might work out for heeling.

your definition is pretty good but technically in the actual sport we don't use a calf (thats Tie-down roping), but a steer that will weigh from 500 to 800 lbs. and I emphasise steer because they possess the horns so necessary for heading. that notwithstanding there are exceptions of course such as strap-on horns made out of plastic that some folks use for practice, or when you're at a branding or a roundup they rope the little calves because they're trying to get a job done.
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:40 PM   #13
Desperado_51
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider8
I like Lord of the rings (LOTR) and Fantasy

yea i have a small LOTR army. i actually have 2 though. one is 24 gobbys and 1 cave troll then the other is 20 elves and 1 legolas
Old 01-11-2006, 04:44 PM   #14
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I've only Gandalf the Wizard and Frodo, from Middle Earth Toys; both won in on line contests about a year before release of the first movie. They are both still in their original packaging as I can't bear to take them out.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:48 AM   #15
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I think that's what I would do, Spock, if I ever got anything anymore that I thought would be worth more in twenty years.

I don't do anything in particular. Esspecially nowadays, my ideology is "whatever." But, I'm still getting more and more into mountain biking. There's a fairly new thing called cyclocross that I can't wait to see in the spring. It's basically a mountain bike race on a small track with many laps and a bunch of obstacles that force you to hop off your bike and run with it for a while. Skiing is another thing that I'm excited about getting into. This weekend, a friend and I will be going for our first time, on a bus trip. And I'm going to thoroughly outperform him.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:23 AM   #16
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo
There's a fairly new thing called cyclocross that I can't wait to see in the spring. It's basically a mountain bike race on a small track with many laps and a bunch of obstacles that force you to hop off your bike and run with it for a while.
Fairly new over there perhaps, but it's a pretty established sport around here. We have some of the best cyclocrossers in Belgium, including the world champion. It's a bleeding pity it's not an olympic sport because it isn't done in enough countries. It would be about the only sport where we would always be sure to grab olympic metal.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:23 PM   #17
Eowyn1
Sapling

My hobbies are: reading, writing and eating
Eowyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:29 PM   #18
MangoPi
Enting

I like to draw, but I have a very love/hate relationship with it.

On the one hand, it's enjoyable, and I (like to think at least) that I'm relatively good at it.

But even still, drawing is really frickin' hard – and having high standards doesn't help at all . If something doesn't look the way I want it to ... arg.

Does anyone feel the same way about their hobbies? You love it, but it's challenging but you love for the challenge, not in spite of?

ETA:
lol welcome Eowyn1!!! /wave

Narlyë nat vanya!

Last edited by MangoPi : 01-13-2006 at 08:31 PM.
MangoPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #19
Desperado_51
Hobbit

yea i know what you mean mangopi. i used to draw but i couldnt please myself so i kinda stopped doing it . and reading i find really fun but it keeps me up so late reading a book (and mysteriously always on school nights lol) and the next day i have a hard time staying awake.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:48 PM   #20
rohirrim TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn1
My hobbies are: reading, writing and eating
ROCK ON!
Quote: