Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-31-2003, 09:37 PM   #1
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Happy Halloween 2003

I'm really surprised that no one started this thread. Halloween is my favorite holiday - but this year I wasn't able to do anything.

I had wanted to be a special effects artist.

This is me as an "accident victim". The makeup was on all day - it was really a zombie - but by this time it started to come off.

This is a friend of mine as a zombie. I had done the makeup for him in the morning - so it was on all day. He worked at a fast food restaurant and was handing people their food like that. I'm dracula. I had another picture with my brother - but I can't find it anymore. It had him as a zombie with a bullet wound to the forehead and blood dripping down. I was running out of latex at that time - and he didn't tell me until afterward that he wanted something done. It was the best thing I could come up with - but it looked good.

What did everyone dress up as or what did you do? Usually I have gone as Dracula or a zombie.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 10-31-2003 at 09:41 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 09:42 PM   #2
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

wow.you look like my dad....
except for the fake gore

I'm doing nothing this halloween.Just hanging out and giving candy.

Last year we got over 100 kids at our house,trick or treating..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'So choose today whom you will serve..as for me and my family we wil serve the Lord.'

" Now if you were a hot dog,and you were starving,would ya eat yourself? I know I would! First I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish..I'd be so delicious!"

It's pronounced 'Hether', not 'Heether', biznotch!
Giroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 10:07 PM   #3
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Just got in, it was raining, but still good! I ( a ghost) had three white sheets and several scarves all swirling. It was real windy, and looked great. All the toddlers stare with their mouths hanging open! I say a pretty cheesy "BOO!!!" though, kind of ruins it! The best house had a hilarious dj set up on a spooked out porch, "Dr. Toast", who sounded like Dr Dememto on narcotics. He had a mix table and was playing all sorts of weird Halloween music with fog coming off the board. All sorts of other weird set ups on porches. Great candy too! One house was making cotton candy and handing out big bags of the stuff! I couldn't hardly believe it! And now, a cocktail! Happy Halloween!
Old 10-31-2003, 10:27 PM   #4
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

aint doing anything this year. All my friens either have cross country provincials tomorrow or are grounded. Kinda sucks. When i was a kid i went as tweedy bird for like 3 years, and before that, i kick a$$ bear. Right now i am watching the canucks game and handing out stuff to little kids

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 07:55 AM   #5
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

I was sick, didn't do anything this year.

Used to dress up, can't really remember as what...A friend of mine always goes as a vampire on Halloween.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:26 AM   #6
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Thanks for the thread jd. It made me realise it's been seventeen years since I had a Halloween back home.

Is trick-or-treating still going strong? People were always talking about it dying out - shifting to parties etc., because of the safety issue.

How about you non-norteamericanos? It was originally an American thing (all you Wiccans /pagans out there, don't get started about Samhain- I mean the popular holiday)

How widespread is it elsewhere?

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 08:35 AM   #7
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayMouser
Thanks for the thread jd. It made me realise it's been seventeen years since I had a Halloween back home.

Is trick-or-treating still going strong? People were always talking about it dying out - shifting to parties etc., because of the safety issue.

How about you non-norteamericanos? It was originally an American thing (all you Wiccans /pagans out there, don't get started about Samhain- I mean the popular holiday)

Here in Norway it started to get popular a few years ago (I think), but it's only recently become very popular.

I have celebrated it for many years, mainly because I have my birthday on that date.

Last edited by Falagar : 11-01-2003 at 08:38 AM.
Falagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 09:04 AM   #8
Sween
im quite stupid

The only really scary thing on those pics is your shirt
Old 11-01-2003, 10:47 AM   #9
Elf Girl
Lurker

I didn't go trick-or-treating with my little brother, but being in middle school all the students dressed up for school. (I went as a figment of my imagination. I basically wore a lot of silk scarves and tunics and such.)

And look what I did to my pumpkin:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pumpkin.jpg (9.5 KB, 50 views)
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 11:17 AM   #10
gdl96
the greg the admin

We had a football game last night, so I didn't even get to see any trick or treaters come to my house. (not like there were many anyway. sooo much candy leftover )

At my high school, we have a Halloween at the High program which ran on Thursday evening. Basically, each club decorates a room in the school with a certain theme, and kids go around to all the rooms and get candy and do little activities. It seems to be really popular, probably because it's much safer than real trick or treating.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 11:23 AM   #11
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

so i only decided that i wanted to dress up 45 mins before iwent t a halloween party, not very smart on my part.... so i went as someone who thought it was new years eve... lame i know. i wore my silver shiny hat and i had those noise makers that say 2000 onthem, and i had a magic wand.

my mean friends made me watch scream3 which scared me for life. that is like the scarriest movie iv ever seen.

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 11:48 AM   #12
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
The only really scary thing on those pics is your shirt
Well the shirt was old. You can't see - but on one sleeve I ripped it downt he side and have makeup on the arm and everything.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-01-2003, 01:15 PM   #13
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

wow you looked really good!!
My mum does stuff like that and she loves doing all gory faces so her and my sister end up with stuff all over their faces and look really affective but i can't wear it as it irritates my skin. lol

This year i dressed up as this cheeky fairy/pixie thing lol i had wings and everything and i had all these freckles drawn on my face. i also bought these ear tip things and you put them on the tips of your ears and i had pointy ears! I went to my mates house and she was having this party and it was so good!
I love Halloween!!!!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 02:03 PM   #14
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Quote:
Originally posted by Varda Oiolosseo
wow you looked really good!!
My mum does stuff like that and she loves doing all gory faces so her and my sister end up with stuff all over their faces and look really affective but i can't wear it as it irritates my skin. lol

This year i dressed up as this cheeky fairy/pixie thing lol i had wings and everything and i had all these freckles drawn on my face. i also bought these ear tip things and you put them on the tips of your ears and i had pointy ears! I went to my mates house and she was having this party and it was so good!
I love Halloween!!!!
you said cheeky! and mate! that is really cool! lol, sorry... i just think that is really cool. what does cheeky mean anyways? your costume sounds really cool!

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 02:18 PM   #15
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Halloween is definitely dying out here.

Years ago everyone around here went trick or treating - now we get less and less every year.

I trick or treated for about 7 or 8 years and when did it there was a ton of other kids.

Like i said, barely anyone goes door to door now. It is turning into only parties and such.

My mom says there were even more kids when she was doing it.

In a few years going house to house will be completely gone.

At school a lot of people dress up for fun thogh. I was a devilish pimp

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 03:11 PM   #16
azalea
Long lost mooter

JD, it would have been funny if you had put the blood stuff around the baby's mouth, because it would have looked like the killer baby was eating your face! (eeewww!)

My son went as Peter Pan and I was Wendy (at his request -- not very convincing when you're 32!), and my little guy was a lost boy dressed in a bear suit. This was our first Halloween here, and it's more of a "real" neighborhood, so there were a good number of people out (not as many as I thought there'd be, though). But we went to the left out of our house, and NO ONE had their light on (which means they aren't giving out candy)! It was so lame! We'd only been to two houses by the time we got to the end of teh street, so we went on a different street, then made our way back, but coming from the other way, EVERYBODY was out, etc., so the boys ended up with WAY too much candy. Should have gone that way first, I guess! We didn't have as many come to our house as I thought (We live in the back of a back street, plus the fact that we were practically the only ones back there giving out candy), but I gave out a lot of candy to each one so I wouldn't have it all left over.
[I'm a little disappointed in general about our neighborhood, were we'll have been for one year next month. There are hardly ever any kids out playing, and the neighbors aren't very friendly -- it's so boring! I love the house, I just wish some nice new people would move in!]
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 03:14 PM   #17
Ruinel
Banned

Great pics, JD. Thanks for starting this thread.

I love Halloween more than my birthday or christmas. I dress up every year. Though I didn't really have time to do anything different this year because I'm in the process of moving and fixing up my old house to sell, I dressed up as the living dead, with the same costume I had made last year.

I bought 2 types of material in white. One was very light and flowy (is that a word?). I made this 2 layer dress and cut holes in the material and made the edges jagged, made it look moth eaten. The dress hung off my shoulders and had long flowy sleeves that blew about in the breeze. It was expensive to make, but worth every cent.

I completely covered my exposed skin in white makeup and wore white hose on my legs and my arms under the sheer flowy material. And I roughed up my hair so it looked wild.

Then I put a strobe in the walkway and played a spooky cd (with screems and loud heartbeats and stuff).

When the little kids would walk up to the house, I'd slowly step out from behind the stobe and walk toward them, my outstreached long fingernails reaching for them.

I made several screem and cry and run back to the sidewalk, refusing to come up for candy... it was great! And after all, isn't that what Halloween is really about? Making some little kid wet their pants and scarring them for life? But hey, that's what therapists are for.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 03:19 PM   #18
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
JD, it would have been funny if you had put the blood stuff around the baby's mouth, because it would have looked like the killer baby was eating your face! (eeewww!)
Damn, woman! I like your style! That is righteously grotesque. I LOVE IT!!!
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:13 PM   #19
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayMouser
We don't really tend to do it, unless you count people hiding away from the sparse treaters, and shouting **** off! whenever there *is* someone.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:26 PM   #20
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
Halloween is definitely dying out here.

Years ago everyone around here went trick or treating - now we get less and less every year.

I trick or treated for about 7 or 8 years and when did it there was a ton of other kids.

Like i said, barely anyone goes door to door now. It is turning into only parties and such.

My mom says there were even more kids when she was doing it.

In a few years going house to house will be completely gone.
I disagree - I think it goes in waves. Also - if people decorate their houses and get into it - people go there. People loved coming to my house because I had a creepy noise cd and I had torches lit - some you can see in the picture. I had dry ice in a cauldron and I always got dressed up.

Parents used to come to me and tell me how their kids were afraid of my house - but they would go to the end of the block and ask if they could go back past my house. A lot of parents had to come up to me to get the candy. I only ever did a half face zombie - so that way I could turn my face around so little kids wouldn't be afraid.

The only reason why I don't do all this in New Jersey is because I am currently in an apartment right now.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 11-01-2003 at 04:30 PM.