Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-1999, 04:27 PM   #1
bmilder

Rules of the board - IMPORTANT, please read

Rules of Entmoot v. 1.0 Welcome to the board! I certainly hope that you enjoy yourself here. In order to ensure that everyone is happy, I have written a set of basic rules that you must follow in order to post. If you disobey the rules, you may receive a "punishment" ranging from a warning to permanent IP banning. Ignorance is not an excuse, so I suggest that you become familiar with the rules Trolling (posting with the sole intent of causing trouble or insulting), spamming/flooding (posting the same messages over and over again or in multiple forums) and flaming (insulting) are not permitted. Advertising other sites is not allowed either, except for one <a href=http://server3.ezboard.com/fbenjaminstolkienboardgeneralmessages.showMessage? topicID=102.topic>designated thread.</a> Try to keep profanity at a low. I have the censor turned on, but it doesn't catch everything and as of this writing, it is not customizable. Posting asterixes instead of letters is acceptable, but blocking out only part of the word is frowned upon. Don't post things that you know are inappropriate. I hope to keep this board PG-rated, maybe bordering on PG-13, so if you have doubts as to whether to post something or not, make sure it is suitable for children to view. Don't insult people. If you are just joking around, make sure you include a smiley so that the person knows it; that person may interpret it as a personal attack. Violations of privacy are not permitted either. This includes, but is not limited to, posting private conversations from RL, ICQ, email, etc; posting personal information about others, etc. I've been lenient about letting certain offenses go by, but now that the rules are in written form, they will be enforced more strictly. The admins/mods have the right to decide what is inappropriate, and will act accordingly. Depending on the severity of the offense, one or more punishments may be administered. A warning will be given out to minor offenders. The next steps are 48-hour bans, permanent banning, and as a last resort, IP banning. However, we may move directly to IP banning depending on the circumstances. We reserve to change these rules whenever we deem necessary; it is your responsibility to keep up with the latest version. When the rules are changed, an announcement will be made. Wow, you made it through all that :P. My intention is not to create a strict atmosphere, but just to have written guidelines that will make posting more enjoyable for everyone