Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-21-2003, 05:57 PM   #1
galadriel
Elven Warrior

What have we gots on our desktopes?

Yes, I know, cheesy subject title. But I've noticed that a lot of people have really interesting things on their computer desks, especially on top of their monitors. My friend Julia has a scribbly birthday card from elementary school and a bunch of clip-on koala bears on her desk. My brother has a rubber slug and a lion paperweight that says "Smile, damnit." And I have a sickeningly adorable bean-filled frog, an imposing looking Gimli action figure, a plastic lizard named Taya that sits on top of Gimli's Council of Elrond platform, and two little Chinese philosophers from a bonsai dish named Bernie and Ert. (Their proper names are Daeron and Beren, but that's a long story.)

Anyone else have cool and amusing things on their desks that they'd like to share? Or am I just strange?

dreamflower
- for all things Lady Galadriel
galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 06:08 PM   #2
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

yeah you are strange

I have this really cute plush smiley thing sittin on top of the monitor and then on the shelf thing above the monitor where the printer is,there's a little plush yellow M&M's character. and then on the desk part where the monitor is i have a phone,a jar full of pens and pencils,a camera, and a singing kunfu hamster
Old 02-21-2003, 06:46 PM   #3
galadriel
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Elven Archer
yeah you are strange
Why, thank you.

dreamflower
- for all things Lady Galadriel
galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 11:50 PM   #4
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Sounds like Bilbo! 'What have I got on my desk?' Anyway...

*looks around and takes inventory*

A notebook, a small television, a Dreamcast, a latop, a glass, a 'Sound of Poetry' album (featuring my poem among 32 others ), a copy of Fellowship of the Ring (unfortunately with a movie picture on it), a bowl my brother left there (that one isn't my fault!), a water bottle, a Hardee's Christmas themed Giant Cup (I got in mid-January! ), three pens. A gum wrapper, some plastic tray thingy, 'Majesty: the Northern Expansion' CD case (the CD's in my computer), Warlords Battlecry II CD (my borther wants me to install it so we can play MP. Unfortunately, this low-grade laptop can't install the game ), a Kleenex box, a school book, one of the Dreamcast controllers, a remote control, a plain CD case, a couple old newspapers, a shoe coushion , a return envelope from Poetry.com, a roll of toilet paper (???[brother must not have known about the Kleenex; it's behind the TV])...and I think that's it. My, a wee bit messy... I won't mention the main computer desk.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 12:07 AM   #5
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

I have some pictures, a photo album, a Spanish test, my seven year old sister's Thanksgiving project, note cards, a phone book, a coupon for Chick-fil-a, two Graduate of Merit application forms (niether of which are filled out), four pens, a thermometer, an old Christmas card, a paper clip, a shark's tooth, a few game pieces, a pocket knife, a softball glove, a handmade basket, the last page of my my short story for English class, a crayon, some Valentines candy that I think is from last year, a coin from Trinidad, and some other things that I have no idea what they are.
Old 02-22-2003, 08:21 PM   #6
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

ummm....... i use my dads computer so this isnt my choice of computer desk. ill spare you the bordom and describe my dresser (or what it looked like a week ago)

bath salts, candy canes, biking gloves, incense, a purse, jewlry box thingy, necklaces, rubber duckie, wizard candle, wooden santa, lamp with a little boy in a tree, handheld mirror, several books, $30 cash scattered in various places, movie ticket stubs, camera w/out film, magazine, hairbrush..... and more stuff that i cant think of.