Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 07:58 PM   #1
rowena
Sapling

Participate in LOTR Fan Documentary in Philadelphia This Weekend

Tolkien fan Susan Jacobson will be videotaping interviews with fans of The Lord of the Rings about their connection to Tolkien's story for her online documentary - Countless Stories from Fans of The Lord of the Rings editedat the Streaming Cinema 3 festival in Philadelphia this weekend - February 21-23.

Countless Stories is a dynamic documentary engine that combines RTSP video streaming with database technologies to create documentaries that assemble themselves on the fly, based on input from the Internet audience.The Countless Stories engine is being developed as part of Susan's dissertation project at New York University.

If you are a Lord of the Rings fan and would like to be part of the Countless Stories documentary, please come by the festival! I will be at Hamilton Hall, 320 South Broad Street (at Pine Street), University of the Arts, on Saturday, February 22, and Sunday, February 23, from about 1pm-6pm. I will have a table in the Atrium on the first floor. For more information, you may contact me at edited. Feel free to wear hobbit or elf costume!

The Streaming Cinema 3.0 festival is going to feature some very interesting work - multi-screen films, a Flash animation contest, and a live, mult-site interactive film called Story Streams. The event is organized by a very cool woman named Nora Barry who has served on many judging panels for Web cinema, including the Cannes panel. Information about dates and tickets can be found here:
edited

Sincerely,
edited
Closed Thread