Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2002, 07:19 PM   #1
Hapira_Brandybuck
Enting

Sam Gamgee Merry, Pipin, and the Orcs in TTT

this is probably the part I'm most curious about because they've been using those two mostly for comic relief in FotR

has anyone seen any screen shots of this particular part? I'd love to see them and if people don't want to ruin it for themselves, you can always pm the addy to me

'My dear Frodo!' exclaimed Gandalf. 'Hobbits really are amazing creatures, as I have said before. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you at a pinch.
Hapira_Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 12:49 AM   #2
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

No shots have been officially released yet, and I don't think TOR.N has scoured any spy pics of the shoot.

I noticed that only Saruman's orcs were present at Merry and Pippin's capture, and none from Mordor... I wonder how they'll work their way around this in TT.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 08:26 AM   #3
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

arwen will probably rescue them single handedly...
luinilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 04:29 PM   #4
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

She best not. If she knows whats good for her, she will dare not risk the wrath of Riona Z'hyre aka Erendil! ..........or maybe not.
She really annoys me...

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 11:33 PM   #5
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

They could meet up with Mordor orcs soon after Amon hen/sul, I can never remember which is which.
_______
A small, cute frog looks at its map of Middle-earth.
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 12:00 AM   #6
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

I've seen no stills, but in the Two Towers trailer I do believe there is a shot of the orc band with guards standing post with torches on a dark hill. Anyone else remember this shot?

Plus there is another shot of the orcs running across the plains of Rohan.

I have seen one still of Merry and Pippin, and they both look more grim and more mature, like they were when Merry knew Frodo was leaving during the attack of the Uruk-Hai....I think both will see great character development with the same comic relief as in the books <such as their part-time job as doorwardens at Isengard>.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 12:06 AM   #7
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Amon Sul is the Elvish( ) for Weathertop so in a sense the Mordor orcs DO meet up with the others after Amon Sul. But closer in the future they meet up with the Isegard orcs after Amon Hen(The hill the little seat is on.).
I THINK from what I've read that Pippin at least start realizing where he is and starts acting a little more mature. Least that's what Billy Boyd says in The Official Movie Guide by Brian Sibley. I honestly suggest you read that book Halley as it has alot of answers(If you look closely)as to how they did things and all. Very imformative and worth looking into. And some of the pictures are just blow you out of the water.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 03:57 PM   #8
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

I have that movie guide! It is great.... i can't think of what else to write so i will leave it at that.

(There is no real point to this post)

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 12:35 AM   #9
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

A part of me severely doubts that the Mordor orcs will be west of the river at all, before the siege of Gondor. The real question is how the elements of the disagreements between Saruman and Sauron's orcs are going to be handled, if at all... in all probability, the attack of the Rohirrim on the orcs will take care of everything to do with how Merry and Pippin escape.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 09:16 PM   #10
Gorhiriel
Elven Warrior

Escape

I agree with Ironparrot. That's probably the best way for Merry and Pip to escape. I just hope it's Pippin who starts the escape. It'l show another side of him.

BOROMIR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"And anon shall I Sail into the West: with the setting sun I shall remove my light from this world..."
Gorhiriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 08:20 PM   #11
entss89
lord of the ents

Nazgul HI

NO SHOTS YET!
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 09:53 AM   #12
Reumandar
Elven Warrior

Location: The Land of Fire and Ice ('Tis a country You will never guess it)
I've seen one somewhere... can't remember where though...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then Thorondor bore up Glorfindel's
body out of the abyss, and they buried
him in a mound of stones beside the
pass; and a green turf came there, and
yellow flowers bloomed upon it amid the
barrenness of stone, until the world
was changed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh Potter you Rotter, Oh what have you done
Your killing off the students, you think it's good fun
Reumandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 04:57 PM   #13
entss89
lord of the ents

Nazgul hi

no shots at all!
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 10:04 PM   #14
katya
Elven Maiden

hm...well i think pippin needs to escape pretty much like in the book or i will be really mad. oh well. just as long as arwen stays away i will be ok...but still thats such a great part...except that is isnt. *shudder* the orcs are pretty bad.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 06:24 PM   #15
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

No shots, but I know some interesting news.

Dominic mentioned how they first met after the two escaped the orcs. Apparently in the movie, they become separated after they escape and meet up somewhere in the forest. At first they don't recognize each other, but then they find out who the other is and end up having a really emotional moment with hugging and kissing.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 08:26 AM   #16
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Fne. Let's hope not. *shivers*
Old 09-03-2002, 09:25 AM   #17
viggosbeard
Elven Warrior

i know the shots that Bropous is referring to and it would seem fair to assume that this is where the Uruks were camping for the night. There is also a quick shot of a nasty looking orc ,of some stature, that does not look like an uruk ( more of a buzzard actually ). We see him come towards the camera in a menacing way, then a cut to merry and pippin. Could this possibly be grishnak as he attempts to get the ring with his " groping in the dark " antics. If so then there must be some sort of meeting between the various orc factions - or was I dreaming !
And your ride home
You cant avoid her
Shes in the air
In between molecules
Of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide
Only in dreams
viggosbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 05:16 PM   #18
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Fne. Let's hope not. *shivers*
Merry and Pippin's meet after escape? I think it would be sweet to stick that in the movie.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 09:26 PM   #19
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Rana *in dangerous and low voice*what is the news? And as for the Mordor orcs...were they important to the plot of the story? I dont remember them being so, maybe just to have thier heads knocked off and to cause a nice contrast between the Uruk Hai.
I dont think they're important to the plot, I wuldn't worry about it. And yes Merry and Pippin do grow up into sensible hobbits after a few adventures...but I think they'll still have a sense of humor...which will be needed.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 04:41 AM   #20
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rána Eressëa
Merry and Pippin's meet after escape? I think it would be sweet to stick that in the movie.
Maybe, but I hate big emotional moments, they tend to be overly mushy. So I hope it doesn't come to that.