Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-02-2004, 03:45 PM   #1
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

The Girl

Hello there all my all friends,

As part of my Media Studies course at school our production group has to make a 10 minute short film as part of the course.

Thought i might use this as a little diary for everyone to see to progress etc of our production.

So eventually i will upload the final peice for you all too watch if you so wish.

Heres the website being made as part of the publicity module needed to pass the course : The Girl

Ill post the first draft of the script in another post...

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 03:51 PM   #2
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

If you hadnt guess the film is called "The Girl". Here is the first draft of the script: (the layout might look wierd - just ignor it)

Scene 1. EXT. Darkened Wood – Closed Trees. Day

Fade In

Woodland area is a dark and aerie place. White light can be seen throughout the sky and entangled among the branches. All seems quiet, no movement, bar maybe a slight breeze or a rustle of leaves. It seems empty in every direction, everything is basically still.

Then, at a turn of events a figure is lying on the ground next to a grave. The person is still, motionless, as if dead or asleep. She is a teenage girl who is dressed in a white gown, similar to that of a night dress. The grave next to her is deep, seemingly endless. It appears to be filled with a think mist or fog.

The girl begins to move, and gradually stands up.

GIRL
(scared)
*Heavy intense breathing*

The girl stands up straight and seems alert. Her face is in full view. She is very frightened, her eyes very wide. She appears to be perpetrating, much like a cold sweat. The cold air of the woods is clearly visible as she exhales.

The wind is blowing in her hair gently until it stops and all is quiet and still again.

She squints at the bright sky as she peers up at the sky.

Within an instant a dark figure runs through the woodland background. No clear visible features can be made out but it is obvious it is a person.

GIRL
(scared)
*Gasps. Slight Scream*

The girl turns around and begins to walk, slowly moving into a faster run.

Cut to

Scene 2. EXT. Darkened Wood – Spread out trees. Day

The girl is now in a full out run.

Her dress glowing in the bright light and it is flowing in the wind, making her appear very innocent. She seems very lost and there is no sign of the ‘figure’ anywhere. The background is a blur, seems like a sense of euphoria. Somewhat like a dream.

Cut to

Scene 3. EXT/INT. Long Canal Tunnel. Day

The girl arrives at a canal, with a long dark tunnel to the left of her. A spec of light can be seen at the end.

She stops, simply staring down to the end were something seems to be distorting the dot of light. She can realise that it is the figure caught up with her.

The light begins to be blocked out more and more as the figure approaches her.

FIGURE
(mumbled, undistinguished)
We’re going to catch you

GIRL
(scared, loud)
Ahhhh..

Cut to

Scene 4. INT. Girls Bedroom. Morning

The girl is now in her bedroom. It previous events were a dream. She awakes.

She jumps up, scared and in a cold sweat as like in the dream.

The sound of her screaming distorts into the sound of a kettle whistling, it sounds distant.

GIRL
(scared)

She gradually calms down and she takes a gulp as if to put the dream behind her. She then gets out of the bed, still dressed in the white gown. She begins to get dressed.

Cut to

Scene 5. INT. Girls Kitchen. Morning

A kettle, boiled, with the whistle sounding can be seen. In the metallic surface the girls face is being reflected.

The girl picks up the kettle and makes herself a cup of coffee. Her hands are shaking, but manages to make it. She picks it up and moves it towards her mouth to drink. She looks into the mug.

As she stairs into the mug the girls begins to see the tunnel that she saw in her dream, a flashback occurs. Her thought flickers between the mug and the tunnel.

She begins to sweat again, becoming scared and uncomfortable.

GIRL
(scared)
*Intense light breathing*

Cut to

Scene 6. INT. A Hallway. Morning

Now in the hallway of the girls house. Her bag can be seen propped up against the wall.

She walks past, picking up her bag. Only her legs are visible, she seems to be dragging herself along in a very lethargic way.

To the left is the door to the outside world.

The girl opens it, walks through and slams it violently behind her.

Cut to

Scene 7. INT. Empty Classroom. Day

The classroom she is in is empty. The girl is alone, sitting on her own, eating a packed lunch. The same kind of silence mirrors that of the woods in her dream. The only noise is the sound of a clock ticking, loudly. Then, suddenly the bells rings signifying that her lunch break is over.

She simply gets up, doesn’t pack away her lunch or pick up her bag and heads for the emergency exit.

It would seem she knows something is going to happen soon and becomes scared once again.

The girls from the door, she slams this one again, like the one at her house, as if she is in a hurry.

Cut to

Scene 8. EXT. Car park/Roadside. Day

The girl can be seen running from the school door, out of the car park. There is a tree in the foreground. It would appear someone is spying on her.

She continues to run along the road side, gradually picking up pace. Looking over her shoulder and all around her from time to time. Her anxiety is being built up, becoming more and more frightened of ‘something’ every second.

Footsteps can be heard around her. Movements in the bushes next to the pavement and not what. Muffled words can be heard from the distance. It suddenly becomes obvious she is being followed, and chased.

The girl turns around to see the same undistinguished figure not too far behind her.

GIRL
(scared, under her breath)
Oh my god!

She continues to run, but she is loosing stamina, the girls looks about frantically for somewhere to go.

A wooded area can be seen not too far away with a small path leading towards it. The wood again resembles that of her dream, it does not occur to the girl at the time.

The figure comes into clear view in the foreground, yet a face can still not seen. The figure follows the girl into the woods, slowly, apparently not need to go at the same pace as her. She turns around one more time before entering the woods to see that the figure is still there.

GIRL
(scared, distant)
Ahhhhh…

Cut to

Scene 9. EXT. Darkened Wood. Day

It would seem the girl has arrived back in the same wood, yet she has never been here before, except in the dream. It is dark, and has the same light coming through the ceiling of the woods.

The girl looks around franticly, whilst running, becoming confused, and having more flashbacks to her dream.

In every direction she looks there seems to be a different figure, multiple ones seem to be appearing, more noise. More voice can heard.

FIGURES
(collective, muffled, distant)
Come here! We’ll get you!

GIRL
(scared)

The chase continues. The euphoric effects begins to take place again. All becomes like fantasy.

Cut to

Scene 10. EXT/INT. Long Canal Tunnel. Evening

The girl has arrived back at the tunnel.

The girl runs half way down the tunnel. Things become dark. The light at the hits her and she freezes.

Echoed footsteps can be heard coming from either end of the tunnel.

The figures begin to get closer and closer, the girl and sense it even though she is isolated in the darkness.

The sound of footsteps and the breathing of the figures would seem that there only a few feet away from the girl. All becomes quiet.

GIRL
(scared)
Ahhhhhhh……

Fade out

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

Old 12-02-2004, 03:53 PM   #3
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Scene 11. EXT. Darkened Wood – The Grave. Evening

Fade in

The grave is pictured the same as the one in the dream. The atmosphere now matches like that of a dream. There are no more figures present, just the girl, in her white dress once again, glowing in the light.
The girl falls backwards into the grave, she doesn’t seem to have any life, she is still and motionless once again.

The girl is dead. She lies lifeless in the grave, pale and lifeless. This is reality.

Time moves on some years into the future, the grave is down filled in and there is a small wooden grave piece at the header of the grave. It is unmarked. Long grass and flowers have now over grown the whole area. There is silence once again, just the gentle swaying of the long grass in the wind.

Fade out

END

Old 12-02-2004, 05:24 PM   #4
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Interesting. You should really give a reason for all of it though... I mean... so there are these things chasing her... she yells 'ahhhhhh!' a few times... and then kills over. Who puts the marker at the grave? Who fills it in? If the figures did it, why would they bother to put a marker?

Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote