Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-06-2001, 06:45 AM   #1
Darkside Spirit
Hobbit

A TolkienTrail request

I'm having problems viewing the TolkienTrial.

All the text comes out gray on a white background, which is unreadable unless I use the highlighter. My browser (Konqueror) displays grey as the automatic text font because I have a grey-on-blue colour scheme. If left entirely to its own devices it would give me a blue background but the site has specified a white background. The site doesn't, however, specify a text colour so it comes out grey.

So my request is: please put an entry in your HTML or CSS code making the text black, otherwise it will conform to whatever people have set as a default colour, which with the fixed white background is not always very legible. Thanks in advance
Darkside Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 10:34 AM   #2
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

it is black.

the back ground is green and then it has a oringe back ground where to posts go.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 12:24 PM   #3
Darth Tater
The man

I think he's talking about the site, not the board.

I actually thought we had the text color specified, but I'll talk to ben about that. Almost everybody has their text set as black, and, if your browser switches to grey then I'd imagine you'd have this problem with a lot of sites. It would probably make sense for you to simply change your color preferances. That would give you a much better viewing experiance for all websites, methinks.
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 11:53 AM   #4
Darkside Spirit
Hobbit

The trouble is that all message boxes, menus etc come out with a blue background (which is unchangeable without altering my entire desktop), so if I were to change the default text colour to black then they would be unreadable. Without being rude, it's considered very sloppy to not specify colours, and even worse if you specify one but not the other.

Thanks for looking into it anyway

Last edited by Darkside Spirit : 11-11-2001 at 11:56 AM.
Darkside Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote