Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-01-2002, 01:42 PM   #1
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

TT Trailer on Fox News Channel Tonight

Portions of "The Two Towers" trailer will be shown this Monday evening in the US, on the FOX News Channel, the program "Hannity and Colmes" [I think it's 5pm eastern?]. They are going to be interviewing Pippa Boyen about the film and the big boost in ticket sales from this weekend's release of the trailer.

I was told, by one my my buddies who works bookings for the show, that they will be using up to a full minute of footage from the trailer superimposed as the interview is aired. He couldn't say exactly when Boyen and the footage will be shown, but it will be a full segment with Hannity and Colmes. so you probably have to watch for the full hour.

Enjoy!!!!!
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 02:18 PM   #2
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Thats cool

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 10:54 PM   #3
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

oh well, april fool's. You folks are too quick.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 04-01-2002, 11:30 PM   #4
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

That was completely wrong. I would have tuned in if I have gotten to this thread in time. Can you imagine a whole hour of just news? *shiver*

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 11:33 PM   #5
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

woulda done ya some good.